Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii powered on, but no signal on tv

Posted by Ivygilbert 
Wii powered on, but no signal on tv
February 06, 2010 08:33PM
HI! I'm new...yesterday on my wii 3.4e I try to upgrade manually version to 4.2e trought wad installer and all Ios and system menu in wad format... I was at 10/11 file than my wii get in freeze...When I tried to restart I got only black screen with no input signal...I tried savemii free whit an GC pad but don't work...I have an d2pro so no dvd autobootable... Can my wii back to life??
Re: Wii powered on, but no signal on tv
February 06, 2010 09:13PM
And this is why you should NEVER trust waninkoko with updating your system.

Do you have bootmii boot2 installed?
February 07, 2010 11:21AM
no...I have nothing because when I tried to install the Wii would freeze bootmii... So I think (bad) to update manually... updated online if it was better than that..which is the only hope for saving the wii? regards
February 07, 2010 04:42PM
Your Wii turns on but nothing appears on your TV screen. Thus, you have a full brick. You don't have BootMii installed onto boot2.

Your only hope of saving your Wii would be to purchase an Infectus modification chip and reprogram your NAND into a working state. This is rather difficult though if you have little knowledge of things like this.
February 08, 2010 04:39PM
so,,,If I put on an Infectus2 on my wii I can save it?? I don't have a backup NAND anyway... Thanks for the reply!! Ivan
February 08, 2010 05:16PM
If you know how to use it to write data onto your NAND, then yes.
February 09, 2010 02:08PM
hi arikado, i have the same black screen but i have bootmii as boot2, so can u plz tell me wat i can do thanks
February 09, 2010 09:01PM
ok....and for all my savegames?? All destroied?? IVAN
February 09, 2010 09:25PM
Not necessarily. You could take a NAND dump with the Infectus first, then extract saves from it, then once you have fixed it, install them again.
February 10, 2010 03:13AM
Is your wii old enough to install Bootmii as boot2 (all wiis manufactured after sometime in 2008, most likely July or August, have a fixed boot1, which prevents a boot2 install), or do you have a working NAND backup from it or its keys? If your answer is no to all of these questions, you can't fix your wii. Otherwise it is possible with an Infectus.
February 17, 2010 05:50PM
HI! the wii is old..August 2008... So I can unbrick whit infectus? I have no dump of nand..
February 17, 2010 06:28PM
Your wii should be old enough. You can check the Hackmii Installer log to find out for sure, if you still have it. Somewhere it should say that Bootmii can be installed (meaning it can be installed as boot2), but if it says that Bootmii can only be installed as IOS, you can't fix your wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login