Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Betwiin and bad blocks

Posted by Erikie 
Betwiin and bad blocks
March 03, 2010 01:07PM
I used betwiin to convert a nand from one wii to another as the wii was having problems with the bluetooth module. It keeps on destroying any module on the board.
So I converted the nand and it works on the other board.
However analyzing bad blocks and the clusters that are used on the new board I found out that 2 blocks are used by IOS250 and Mii channel
Will it help to re-install those wads or remove the wads and then reinstall them. Will the wii not overwrite hardware marked bad blocks even though they are not marked as bad blocks in the file system? Otherwise I will just reinstall the wii instead of copying over the data.
Re: Betwiin and bad blocks
March 03, 2010 01:25PM
Neither of those are critical. Once you get the Wii working again, you should be able to use a NUSD-obtained WAD or Dop-IOS MOD to get the Mii Channel back. IOS250 is (or should be) just a stub anyway, and you don't need it.
March 03, 2010 01:28PM
I know I can install them myself, my question is will the wii recognize the bad blocks that are on the new nand automatically or will it still rely on the FS table where the bad blocks are marked from the old wii ...
I dont want anything new be written on the real bad blocks of the new nand (wii)
March 05, 2010 04:15AM
It will recognize them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 04:16AM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login