Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need some help with a brick

Posted by AceMilo 
Re: Need some help with a brick
March 31, 2010 01:42AM
That ISO is legal, it just isn't supported here because the program can install illegal WADs, which is why I didn't provide a link to it. Please read the topic before making piracy accusations; not all ISOs are illegal. Anyway, I found an autoboot AnyTitle Deleter ISO, so the WAD Manager one isn't necessary.

Now to get it fixed. I have no idea how the wii now has 4.1, but in any case, it explains why autoboot discs don't work. First of all, Nindendo's disc (which is illegal to download, by the way) doesn't work because you have the stub IOS 16. Other discs don't work because they are fakesigned. Try installing IOS 30 v1040 and system menu 3.2 WADs with Comex's NAND Formatter. If that works, you will be able to boot fakesigned discs.

Here is the ISO for an autoboot AnyTitle Deleter disc. I haven't tested this myself, but it will probably work. However, like all other fakesigned discs, it won't work unless you downgrade to 3.2 or lower.

If you successfully downgrade and are able to boot AnyTitle Deleter, go to the channels section and delete everything except the homebrew channel and all channels from Nintendo, since those are not the cause of this problem. AnyTitle Deleter will only tell you the title IDs of the channels, so you may need to refer to the Title Database. However, it will likely be obvious which ones to delete, since they probably stand out from the rest. If you accidentally delete WW or VC games, you won't be able to redownload them without paying again, but all other channels can be reinstalled without difficulty if you delete the wrong ones.

About autobooting Brawl, if your mod chip can autoboot games, configure it to autoboot. Then you will be able to launch all games, including Brawl. Most likely, the game would start when you turn on your wii with the game inserted. If your chip does not have this feature, it will be easier to use an autoboot AnyTitle Deleter disc than to patch the game itself to autoboot.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 01:54AM by jbc007.
March 31, 2010 03:22AM
Well I tried installing both of those wads and it still says 4.1(US). I put the wads in the wad folder, ran comex, it said it was done almost instantly. Is that right? I'm at a loss I'm not sure what else to do.
March 31, 2010 04:08AM
You could try another version of Comex's NAND formatter. I just found this one, and the readme claims that it actually formats the NAND. If it doesn't, maybe you could find one that does.

If the the NAND formatter does format the NAND, you won't have to do anything else to fix it.
March 31, 2010 06:00AM
Coolness I will give it a shot and see what happens.
March 31, 2010 07:18AM
Well I successfully killed the banner brick, now it's back to being black screen bricked. I backed up the nand before I did this again so I could always restore it and get the banner brick back.
April 02, 2010 12:59PM
Hi all ive currently got a low level brick by installing a theme.I know i should have used preloader and bootmii but what happend was i was tired and already done four and tottaly forgot that the one (typical) that bricked only had bootmii as an ios and not boot2.The current fw on the bricked wii is 4.1 it is a leh1 model and the drive works i can insert a disc and eject a disc but the actual systam will not go to the health screen it just pure black no signal.Now after some research i think it might as well be thrown out but you never know someone might have a few tricks i hope thanks in advance.
Edit have i posted in wrong section sorry if i have

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 12:59PM by dazzy1984.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login