Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm not sure if my Wii is FULLY bricked help please.

Posted by Darkshy 
I'm not sure if my Wii is FULLY bricked help please.
March 25, 2010 01:18AM
When I turn on my Wii it goes to the normal start-up screen but the wii-motes do not connect. I have tried all 3 I have and tried resyncing and everything and still no result. When I hit the power button to turn off the system the screen goes black but the light stays green and the disc tray lights up. The same thing happens when I hit the reset button as well. I tried all the Nintendo FAQ's and nothing is happening.
Is my Wii fully bricked?
Re: I'm not sure if my Wii is FULLY bricked help please.
March 25, 2010 01:22AM
Um... Are you sure that the wiimotes have fresh batteries?
March 25, 2010 01:25AM
Yes the batteries are full.
March 25, 2010 01:35AM
It would seem as if your BT module is screwed. You could either:

1.) Send it to Nintendo to get it fixed.
2.) If you don't have a warranty, you could just DIY.
March 25, 2010 02:08AM
Thanks I will try this. My only question is where can I find a guide to fix it? Can you send me a link?
March 25, 2010 01:25PM
If your wii gets to the health and safety screen then your bluetooth module is fine.
Try to hold the sync button on the wii for at least 20 seconds and then press the sync button on your wii mote.
See if that helps. But do this when the health and safety screen is on.
Also the wii should go to the menu after a certain period of time when nothing is done
March 25, 2010 07:44PM
Erikie
If your wii gets to the health and safety screen then your bluetooth module is fine.
Try to hold the sync button on the wii for at least 20 seconds and then press the sync button on your wii mote.
Also the wii should go to the menu after a certain period of time when nothing is done

This does not work. In my first post I mentioned I tried it with three wiimotes. Yes the Wii goes past the health and safety screen but I cannnot access any of my channels because my wiimotes do not connect.
March 25, 2010 08:09PM
Darkshy
Erikie

This does not work. In my first post I mentioned I tried it with three wiimotes. Yes the Wii goes past the health and safety screen but I cannnot access any of my channels because my wiimotes do not connect.
You never said before that the wii actually got to the menu....
March 26, 2010 12:53AM
If your system menu is below 4.1, insert New Super Mario Bros into your wii and access the rescue menu with SaveMii or SaveMiiFrii. Wait for the update from the game to install (you won't see anything on screen to tell you that the update is installing, but it is). After a few minutes, the update will finish installing, but you should wait longer since your wii may brick if you turn it off while it is still updating. After the update installs, your wii shoud work normally.
March 26, 2010 04:58AM
Is it possible he somehow deleted setting.txt?
March 26, 2010 11:15AM
Darkshy
Erikie

Holding the sync button on the wii for a long time clears the list of synced wii motes. This sometimes helps.
However you never mentioned if you have a US wii or EUR wii?
What region should your wii in and what is it saying? I won't do an upgrade just to try.
I had a wii that had also trouble with syncing to my wii mote while others had no problem.
Keeping the sync button pressed for a long time helped it.

Did you install any other stuff on the wii or is it not modded in any way?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login