Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader

Posted by uofm 
Preloader
March 27, 2010 11:55PM
First of all, I am very new to this, so please forgive for the newbie speak. I just installed preloader.29 on my Wii with v4.2. I tried updating to Preloader.30. Now, all I get is some "downloading changelog" screen. I have been able to get to bootmii (I think) where there are options for:
SystemMenu
Homebrew Channel
Install Files

Load/Install files
System Menu Hacks
Settings

Update

I have seen a post here where someone was having the same issue but there were no respones. I am hoping to get a response soon as my wife and kids are now very upset with me.

Thanks in advance for your help and instructions!!!!!!
Re: Preloader
March 28, 2010 05:33AM
The screen you're thinking of is Preloader. Did you install Bootmii as IOS or boot2?
March 28, 2010 02:15PM
Bootmii as IOS. I did some looking around last night and found that I should have loaded Priiloader instead, which would have not created any issues. Is that right?
March 29, 2010 12:51AM
Yeah. I'm not entirely sure how to help you now though, since I don't use Priiloader, I only use Bootmii as Boot2 =(
March 29, 2010 02:11AM
Yes, install Priiloader to fix it.
March 29, 2010 02:50AM
How do I that from where I am at righy now?
March 29, 2010 03:26AM
Put the Priiloader installer on the root of your SD card. From Preloader, select the option to install a .dol file and install the Priiloader installer. Then launch it.
March 29, 2010 03:53AM
jbc007
Put the Priiloader installer on the root of your SD card. From Preloader, select the option to install a .dol file and install the Priiloader installer. Then launch it.

Problem is, he can't get to the screen to install a .dol
March 29, 2010 04:06AM
Actually, I got this Priiloader to come up but now the WiiMote will not work with this program so I can not select any options from the first screen. How to do I get around this? Do I use the Power/Reset buttons on the Wii itself. I am learning from my mistakes and asking the pros before I do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 04:09AM by uofm.
March 29, 2010 04:15AM
cactusjack901

If you mean the "downloading changelog" thing, that only happens when you select the option to update Preloader. It is not an issue.

Wiimotes can't be synced in Preloader, so you must use a gamecube controller.
March 29, 2010 05:57AM
jbc007
cactusjack901

If you mean the "downloading changelog" thing, that only happens when you select the option to update Preloader. It is not an issue.

Wiimotes can't be synced in Preloader, so you must use a gamecube controller.

You know. Perhaps you can explain this to me, actually. I know Wiimotes can't be synced in Priiloader, or rather "can't". The other day, I installed Priiloader on my Friend's Wii, since he can't install Bootmii as Boot2, and I was able to sync the Wii remote and control Priiloader with it. Care to explain, as this confused the crap outta me
March 29, 2010 04:00PM
When you connect a wiimote to a wii for the first time, it must be synced to the wii using the red sync buttons on the wii and the wiimote. Wiimotes can only be synced in Nintendo software; it is not possible to sync a wiimote when using homebrew. However, if a wiimote is already synced to a wii, it will work with Priiloader and most other homebrew.

You were able to use a wiimote to control Priiloader because it was already synced to the wii. If it became unsynced or you tried with a wiimote that was not already synced to that wii, it would not have worked.
March 29, 2010 05:14PM
Ok, I got Priiloader but can not access the System Menu Hacks. Everything is going great now and the Wiimotes are working as well. I did do a StartPatch before getting into all the Preloader/Priiloader stuff. Does all the things I told StartPatch do transfer over to Priiloader? Otherwise, what hack.ini file do I need to put on my SDCard and where?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 05:15PM by uofm.
March 29, 2010 06:37PM
StartPatch is unnecessary if you have Priiloader and its patches can't be removed or installed while Priiloader is installed. However, the StartPatch patches are not removed by installing Priiloader.

For the hacks.ini, go to this page, copy the the section for your system menu into a text editor, and save the file with the name hacks.ini. Place this file on the root of your SD card. You can then enable any of the hacks you like in Priiloader. Do not enable any hacks that are the same as any StartPatch patches you have or else they may cause problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login