Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my wii is bricked! Help!!!

Posted by DranzerX13 
my wii is bricked! Help!!!
April 29, 2010 06:54AM
I bought my Wii from a pawn shop in November 2009, then installed homebrew channel, neogamma loader, BootMii (as IOS). Last month I downgraded my Wii to 3.2. Today I bought Bakugan Battle Brawlers (released October 2009) for the Wii, but it asked for an update. I agreed to the update, but after it updated, I got a black screen. Now when I turn on the Wii, it just takes me to a black screen, and that's it. My Wiimotes still work, and can power my wii/on off. I hope there is a solution to fix this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 06:55AM by DranzerX13.
Re: my wii is bricked! Help!!!
April 29, 2010 07:30AM
the problem is that you downgraded to 3.2

What happened is the System Menu IOS you had (for the update that is on the game) got stubbed, so the System Menu can no longer boot. Only way to fix this now is with an infectus
April 29, 2010 02:07PM
This wii can only be fixed with an infectus if a NAND backup has been made. Otherwise it is not possible.
bootmii in boot2 cannot be flashed in a new wii...
April 30, 2010 08:00PM
Erikie
This wii can only be fixed with an infectus if a NAND backup has been made. Otherwise it is not possible.
bootmii in boot2 cannot be flashed in a new wii...

Its obviously not a new wii, as they downgraded to 3.2, which doesn't work on new wiis. Seeing as 3.2 worked, BootMii as boot2 can be flashed on. But you still need an Infectus and some skill with soldering/desoldering.

Downgrading is one of the stupidest things possible to do to a Wii, besides deleting System Menu or System Menu IOS. Never downgrade again. There is ZERO point. EVERYTHING that can be done on 3.2 can be done right up to 4.2, even the warez fail you mentioned. Anyone advising you to downgrade is a moron, and any guide detailing downgrading is outdated and stupid. It was never a great idea to downgrade, but at one point, it was seen as the only way to do certain things. Not the case anymore.

Sorry for rant, I realise this isn't much good to you now. Check your PMs for a link I will be sending you with details of unbricking using an Infectus (can't link here as site has warez crap on it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2010 08:11PM by SifJar.
April 30, 2010 11:23PM
I'm going to buy myself a brand new Wii on Tuesday. The downgrading does work, but...there is a huge flaw, which I will not downgrade again.
May 01, 2010 12:07AM
DranzerX13
I'm going to buy myself a brand new Wii on Tuesday. The downgrading does work, but...there is a huge flaw, which I will not downgrade again.

If downgrading changes nothing, then technically it doesn't work.
May 01, 2010 12:53AM
SifJar
Its obviously not a new wii, as they downgraded to 3.2, which doesn't work on new wiis. Seeing as 3.2 worked, BootMii as boot2 can be flashed on.

Boot1c was installed on some non "LU64+" wiis. Therefore, it may or may not be possible to install Bootmii as boot2 on this wii. The only way to tell for sure (besides actually trying it) is to check your Hackmii Installer log.
May 01, 2010 06:11AM
I'm going to try the savemiifrii method with the gamecube controller to see if that works first.
May 01, 2010 02:11PM
100% positive it won't. There is 0% chance of it working.
May 04, 2010 02:38AM
Some Lu65+ wiis will support 3.2. You can test the wii by installing ios36-v1042. If the hackmii installer and other apps load to a black screen, the wii will brick if ios30-v1040 is used as the system ios. If ios36-v1042 is functional, then ios30-v1040 is likely also functional. This does not help with installing boot2 bootmii unfortunately.
May 07, 2010 01:16AM
I sent my Wii to Nintendo and they repaired it free of charge. I'll be receiving it in the mail in 3-4 days from today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2010 01:16AM by DranzerX13.
May 13, 2010 02:07PM
They did?

That's strange. Nintendo normally wouldn't repair that Wii.
May 13, 2010 10:10PM
DranzerX13
I sent my Wii to Nintendo and they repaired it free of charge. I'll be receiving it in the mail in 3-4 days from today.

Nice, they fixed mine before they went all "OMG HOMEBREWZ!!1!!!1!1!!" and all they did was ask me if I was ok with them removing it (it was re-install the homebrew channel, or keep a broken SD card slot)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login