Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not really Bricked ,BUT HELP IS WANTED!!! please....

Posted by hammer 
Not really Bricked ,BUT HELP IS WANTED!!! please....
May 27, 2010 08:26PM
My wii is not really bricked it just does this really weird problem that I wanted to get rid of. First ,my Wii is Firmware version 4.2U and I hacked it with the Bannerbomb exploit and installed the homebrew channel ,the DVDx thing and Bootmii. SIDENOTE ONLY: ( As a sidenote for informational purposes only, i do have a backup loader ,but Im not asking for help with and it has nothing to do with this post. Im just putting as much information as I can about my Wii to help fix it). Everything on my Wii works fine the problem occurs when I boot up the Wii ,when I try looking at my SD card through the settings Menu and whenever I return to the Wii menu from any chanel. Heres what Happens when I turn on the Wii it gives me a message saying: Couldn't find "hacks.ini" on either fat or nand I press "A" on the Wii remote and it continues to the Health warning screen and I press the "A" button again. Now everything again works or runs normally. Homebrew runs smoothly so do the apps.I can play my Wii and GCN games just fine but whenever I return to the main Menu it always gives me the Couldn't find "hacks.ini" on either fat or nand message. The problem started about a month ago when I was in the homebrew browser and decided to update all my apps all at once. At first i just got the error message whenever I returned to the main menu. I looked into it and read somewhere that the hacks folder in my SD might have been renamed to "hacks.txt" so I renamed it to hacks.ini. The problem continued and did not get worse until I tried looking at my SD card through my system menu. I can look at the SD card through the main menu without any problems but whenever I try looking at my SD through the system menu my Wii freezes and since then the Couln't find "hacks.ini" on either fat or nand message started popping up before the Health warning screen. I was thinking of formatting the Wii system memory and hacking the Wii all over again but after reading some of the other posts I'm kinda scared of trying to do anything else to try and help my Wii. I'm asking: What could have happened to my Wii & how can I fix it? AND: Is there a way to UN-Hack it? or if there is a way to return the Wii to it's Normal pre-hacked state without going to Nintendo?
Re: Not really Bricked ,BUT HELP IS WANTED!!! please....
June 13, 2010 08:46AM
Just extract hacks.ini.zip to sd:\
Hold reset and boot the wii, click hack and enable what you need- like update blocking.
June 13, 2010 09:01AM
I think the other issue is that he may be using Preloader rather than Priiloader, and that, combined with the use of an SDHC card, instead of an SD card could be causing issues.
June 20, 2010 01:51PM
uninstall preloader then install priiloader?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login