Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRY TO FIX BRICK WII

Posted by iscreen 
TRY TO FIX BRICK WII
May 28, 2010 08:10AM
It's a long story...I wish this article not too hard to read.My English is not so good.
I got a bricked wii, and tried to fix it.
The first, I used Savemii and it not worked. Black sreen :o
Then I found a SD card in slot. There are cioscorp files included systemmenu 4.2c and ios70 files in it ...
I guess that's why this wii bricked. Then I used my SD card (bootmii boot files), but bootmii not worked ... still black screen ><
In the past, I might give it up, but this time I went on trying. After reading some articles, I know I need a programing tool but I don't have anyone.
Then I used my Xbox 360 to get a try. (soldered the wii nand flash on 512M jasper... I'm just crazy...)
I used nandpro to backup boot2 area, then installed a bootmii boot2. (a lot of failure...maybe ECC problems)
This way really makes bootmii boot this bricked wii, but there are still problems.
Then I made a nand backup, and replaced "betwiined" nand.bin (with original front 250 pages and keys.bin)
Now, this wii shows "system files are corrupted" after "press a".(I had tried ARC to install 4.1J again)
Re: TRY TO FIX BRICK WII
May 28, 2010 09:09AM
hrm, interesting method on trying to solve the problem. It still may not work, as the NAND may actually be fried, that being said, you may have some luck with Comex's NAND Formatter though
May 28, 2010 09:32AM
Thanks! Formatter is really a good tool!
I can boot HBC , and use WM to install wad files. So I need not to use formatter.

>as the NAND may actually be fried
Should I replace nand flash?
I can get a good one, but how to be sure that bad nand flash make it be bricked now?
May 28, 2010 09:09PM
iscreen
Thanks! Formatter is really a good tool!
I can boot HBC , and use WM to install wad files. So I need not to use formatter.

>as the NAND may actually be fried
Should I replace nand flash?
I can get a good one, but how to be sure that bad nand flash make it be bricked now?

Just try to install the WADs from NUSD, but my personal suggestion would be to do the following, when in the HBC, press the home button, and find what IOS it's running on. From there, start up DOP-Mii, uninstall the system menu, and uninstall every IOS (EXCEPT THE ONE THE HBC RUNS ON), reboot the Wii into the HBC, and start installing the latest versions of everything.

OR

Start up Dop-Mii, install an older system menu and it's IOS, and nothing more. THEN, update the Sysmenu and the IOS for the new one (for example, if you are going to update to 4.2, install IOS70 and System Menu 4.2). I had a random System Files Are Corrupted error recently and this is how I fixed it (I downgraded to 3.4, but only downgraded the Sysmenu and it's IOS, not every version of IOS like many people would have you do)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login