Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brick + Wii BIOS Chipset - Does this work?

Posted by Aobx 
Brick + Wii BIOS Chipset - Does this work?
June 08, 2010 04:25AM
Wandering around some foruns, I came across this supposed solution for "most of the full brick Wii console(s)." Has anyone heard of this? Isn't this chipset just for the bluetooth module and nothing else? I mean, if you are missing a system IOS or sysconf is screwed up, would this chipset still make its miracle and set everything alright?

If you've never seen it, check here: [www.psxboy.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 04:26AM by Aobx.
Re: Brick + Wii BIOS Chipset - Does this work?
June 08, 2010 09:13PM
Aobx
Wandering around some foruns, I came across this supposed solution for "most of the full brick Wii console(s)." Has anyone heard of this? Isn't this chipset just for the bluetooth module and nothing else? I mean, if you are missing a system IOS or sysconf is screwed up, would this chipset still make its miracle and set everything alright?

If you've never seen it, check here: [www.psxboy.com]

If I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing. This isn't the bluetooth module at all, but instead, a whole new NAND. So if you are missing a system IOS or Sysconf, that'll work, because it's a whole new NAND.
June 08, 2010 10:57PM
I'm kind of skeptical about this. I mean, people send to Nintendo some Wiis with their NAND screwed up, and they replace the entire console. If you can have a perfect sollution for 5 bucks, why would people condemn some bricks as unsolvable? I'd like to know more information about this Wii BIOS Chipset.
June 09, 2010 12:17AM
Huh, that seems strange indeed. I wonder if it actually comes with working software...would that not need keys from your Wii to work? In which case with a full brick it would be impossible to use this. Also, I'm kinda suprised a Wii NAND chip is only $5, I would have thought they'd be more...Are you sure that site is a reliable one?
June 09, 2010 01:47AM
I'm not sure, and I even think it isn't reliable. I just found it very suspicious, so I posted here to see if anyone had tested one of those. Seems pretty unknown though. Probably, it doesn't work as advertised.
June 09, 2010 02:44AM
for $5 I'd suggest someone tries to get one and gives it a shot. I'm broke, and I'm uncomfortable opening my Wii, so, I'm screwed on 2 fronts there
June 09, 2010 04:39AM
This would only be useful if the original NAND chip was fried, which seems to be very uncommon. In such a situation, it still couldn't work without a working NAND dump or at least the keys from the broken wii. In any case, doing anything with this would be quite a pain.
June 09, 2010 10:24PM
Thanks for confirming, jbc. So, it doesn't seem the solution for "most of the full brick Wii console(s)", after all.
June 24, 2010 06:51AM
I believe it is blank. It is (supposedly) compatible with the Wii. If I guess correctly, you need to flash your old NAND to that chip with a hardware programmer, then solder it into the Wii.
June 26, 2010 08:16AM
that's a 24c32 eeprom. i already fix some bluetooth module by reprogramming one
June 11, 2011 04:55PM
wes11ph share a dump 24c32
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login