Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

System files are corupted , please read manual

Posted by darkumiz 
System files are corupted , please read manual
June 21, 2010 06:30PM
hi , i tried to softmod my wii today and it worked mostly , i got bootmii installed , homebrow , dvdx
but the cios was a problem so i deleted ios249 i think , might be other one by accident i dont know
then installed cios via networksettup and in installed , after the install it asked for restart , ok then suddenly when the wii boots i get a screen : Wii-Gegevens zijn beschadigd gelieve handleiding te lezen , dutch for Wii files are corrupted please read manual , it appears when wii boots , i don't know what to do please help , thanks

no NAND sorry ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 06:31PM by darkumiz.
Re: System files are corupted , please read manual
June 21, 2010 08:48PM
Well for a start cIOS aren't supported here (at least the piracy ones like IOS249). Anyway, what all did you install on your Wii? Do you have Priiloader/preloader at all? Also, try accessing Maintenance Mode (google for how to do it), see if that allows Wii to load. If so, and you have a pre-4.2 System Menu, try updating from a disc with 4.2, like SMG2. Might help.
June 21, 2010 09:25PM
Did you install any WADs or themes? Also, what system menu do you have? Finally, if your system menu is 3.4 or newer, did you trucha patch the system menu IOS? In any case, if the brick was not caused by a theme, I would advise against updating at the moment, as it may make a fix more difficult or even impossible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 09:25PM by jbc007.
June 21, 2010 09:40PM
i installed wad , i dont think i have a preloader and software i have 4.2e i think

any idea where i can get the software to burn on disk ?
what i did was : install homebrew dvdx bootmii
then i loaded wad on ios 36 then i cleaned out ios 249
then i network installed cios249
after reboot , the wii didnt work

about maintenance mode i didnt try it but i heard you need to + - then a but i dont even get the startup screen from like : press A to continue
but i'll try it tomorow anyway

thanks for the help btw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 09:43PM by darkumiz.
June 21, 2010 10:16PM
Didn't notice you had Bootmii. If Bootmii is installed as boot2, you can easily fix this. Use it to launch the Homebrew Channel, start a WAD installer, and uninstall the WAD.

If Bootmii is installed as IOS, but you trucha patched IOS 70 or installed Indiana PWNS on your wii before it bricked, it will be possible to fix if you install a mod chip. If this is the case, I will provide further instructions.

If neither of these conditions is true, but your wii is old enough to install Bootmii/boot2, you can manually install Bootmii with a hardware NAND programmer. After Bootmii/boot2 is installed, it will be easy to fix.

If none of the above conditions is true, you will not be able to fix your wii.
June 21, 2010 11:12PM
bootmii was installed as boot2 i think , i installed bootmii but it had something written under it i think it was can only be installed as boot2 i think
is this possible ?
June 21, 2010 11:20PM
no. In that case it was only installed as IOS, not boot2, and that is useless here.
June 21, 2010 11:24PM
Damn so i need to bring my wii back to the shop for repair ? still under garantee

by the way , when i put a disc in it it does nothing , when i eject the disc and reboot i hear hes doing something , maybe eject or injust , trying to read
this only happens when no disc is inserted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2010 11:26PM by darkumiz.
June 22, 2010 12:03AM
Nintendo will refuse to repair it because you have homebrew.
June 22, 2010 11:21AM
can anyone else help , anything else ?
July 29, 2010 01:57AM
Can U Get to wad manager?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 03:52PM by WiiHax.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login