Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii won't load any channels, games, etc. Please Help!! :*(

Posted by NintendoFreak 
Wii won't load any channels, games, etc. Please Help!! :*(
August 10, 2010 08:30AM
I was trying to install IOS 202, downgraded IOS15, tried to install IOS36. I didn't know that I could get a brick since I wasn't messing with the Wii Menu IOS (IOS80).

Do I have any options?

Since I can't load Homebrew Channel/ or any games, I can't use any exploits to load homebrew. What can I do?

I have my old Wii which doesn't work because it got badly damaged and I'm wondering if I could just pay someone to take the NAND from that one to the new one? Maybe bootmii/boot2 will work because that Wii had the old boot1 and AFAIT boot1 is stored in the Nand(?)

I did back-up my NAND with bootmii IOS but i cant load bootmii to restore my Wii....

I can't just buy another Wii because I will lose my Wii Shop downloads if i do that.

EDIT: I am so glad I did a bootmii backup!!! I have the keys to my Wii!
Is there a way I could write to the NAND?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 08:51AM by NintendoFreak.
Re: Wii won't load any channels, games, etc. Please Help!! :*(
August 10, 2010 08:45PM
I'm guessing that it got corrupted somehow, since you say that you can't load the HBC and some games.

What version of the System Menu are you on? If you are on 4.2 or lower, you can use Bannerbomb to attempt to load homebrew. Using that, you can load DOP-Mii and attempt to patch IOS36 again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 08:47PM by Sonicdude41.
August 10, 2010 10:21PM
Sonicdude41
I'm guessing that it got corrupted somehow, since you say that you can't load the HBC and some games.

What version of the System Menu are you on? If you are on 4.2 or lower, you can use Bannerbomb to attempt to load homebrew. Using that, you can load DOP-Mii and attempt to patch IOS36 again.

I'm on 4.3 D:

Here is a video I made a about the problem: [www.youtube.com]
August 10, 2010 10:58PM
You wouldn't happen to have Preloader/Priiloader, would you? If so, use that to install the DOP-Mii .dol with the Install File feature and repatch IOS36. If that fails, reinstall all IOSes and the System Menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2010 10:59PM by Sonicdude41.
August 10, 2010 11:48PM
It sounds like you have missing or corrupted IOSes. What are all the IOSes you modified and in exactly what ways did you modify them?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 12:10AM by jbc007.
August 11, 2010 01:29AM
@Sonicdude, no preloader :(

jbc007
It sounds like you have missing or corrupted IOSes. What are all the IOSes you modified and in exactly what ways did you modify them?

I installed IOS41, downgraded IOS15 then I tried to install a IOS36 with the patches but the IOS202 installer kept telling me it failed. I tried an app that was on the HBB (i think it was called cios installer), probably a fail.

I can't remember exacly what I did because I panic when I tried to reload HBC and just rebooted the Wii, it felt like a nightmare!!! D:

AFAIK, i have to "flash" my NAND with the Bootmii IOS backup i luckily did the other day.

Im going to a repair place where they fix Wiis/ 360s/ etc tomorrow and hopefully they will have the chip that is needed to program NAND

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 01:30AM by NintendoFreak.
August 11, 2010 01:57AM
Did you buy your Wii in 2006 or 2007? If so, you can install Bootmii as boot2.
August 11, 2010 02:25AM
ihatewads
Did you buy your Wii in 2006 or 2007? If so, you can install Bootmii as boot2.

June 2009 D=

I did get my 1st Wii July 2007, but it got kicked to death (Jan 2009) and won't work. I still have it because I want to fix it later.
It has 3.4 installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 02:26AM by NintendoFreak.
August 11, 2010 05:44AM
Although using a hardware NAND programmer to reflash your NAND backup would work, this still may not be necessary. What happens when you perform an online update? Also, if you haven't already, you should try several different games, as those that don't use IOS 36 should either work or prompt you for an update (which should fix the problem).
August 11, 2010 06:02AM
jbc007
Although using a hardware NAND programmer to reflash your NAND backup would work, this still may not be necessary. What happens when you perform an online update? Also, if you haven't already, you should try several different games, as those that don't use IOS 36 should either work or prompt you for an update (which should fix the problem).

When I Update through the "Wii System Update" it just tells me that the Wii has the most current system software, then it reboots the whole system instead of going back to the Wii Menu.

Here is a list of the games I tried:

Animal Crossing City Folk - Didn't Work
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Didn't Work
Mario Kart Wii - Didn't Work
Zelda Twilight Princess - Didn't Work
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Didn't Work

None of my games load, the screen just stays black. Even Gamecube games don't load.

Running Channels/ WiiWare/ Virtual Console games don't work either, the Wii reboots itself after pressing the Start button.

I also have to turn my Wii off by holding down the power button until it turns red because Stand By won't work either, the light will stay green.

Returning to the Wii Menu from the Wii Menu (Home Menu) just reboots the entire system too.

I even tried loading games through the SaveMiiFrii (which I got to without taking apart my Gamecube controller) and the screen would stay black after the "4.3 (USA)" screen.
August 11, 2010 06:07AM
Well this is quite irritating. Somehow many IOSes are corrupted but not missing. You will have to either reflash your NAND backup, or wait for another system update, as that will probably provide a complete new set of IOSes to replace your corrupted ones.
August 11, 2010 06:26AM
jbc007
Well this is quite irritating. Somehow many IOSes are corrupted but not missing. You will have to either reflash your NAND backup, or wait for another system update, as that will probably provide a complete new set of IOSes to replace your corrupted ones.

I really don't understand why this happened, I was following the instructions correctly. I think someone should check out the "cIOS Installer", I think that was the thing that corrupted my IOSs. I got it from the Homebrew Browser.

I found a weird folder on the root of my SD Card, it's called "00000001", inside that folder there are 2 more, one named "0000003c" and the other "00000024". Inside the 0000003c there is a folder named "v6174" and inside that are 3 files: "00000000", "cetk", and "tmd.6174". Inside the "00000024" folder is another folder named "v1042" and inside that are 17 files: "00000000", "0000000a", "0000000b", "0000000c", "0000000d", "0000000e", "00000001", "00000002", "00000003", "00000004", "00000005", "00000006", "00000007", "00000008", "00000009", "cetk", and "tmd.1042".

I think that those have something to do with the "cIOS Installer"
August 11, 2010 06:44AM
The regular Homebrew Browser repository does not contain any applications capable of modifying the NAND. I don't recall seeing a cIOS installer on there, but if there is, it it fake. Anyway, that folder is normal. Its contents indicate that some application downloaded (and most likely installed) IOS 60 and the oldest revision of IOS 36 (which does not work on "LU64+ wiis). However, if you used Tona's cIOS installer, your cIOS 249 is based on that revision of IOS 36 (hence it is in that folder), AFAIK. Therefore, the cIOS may not work on newer wiis, but a non-working cIOS could not cause any issues.
August 11, 2010 07:27PM
jbc007
The regular Homebrew Browser repository does not contain any applications capable of modifying the NAND. I don't recall seeing a cIOS installer on there, but if there is, it it fake. Anyway, that folder is normal. Its contents indicate that some application downloaded (and most likely installed) IOS 60 and the oldest revision of IOS 36 (which does not work on "LU64+ wiis). However, if you used Tona's cIOS installer, your cIOS 249 is based on that revision of IOS 36 (hence it is in that folder), AFAIK. Therefore, the cIOS may not work on newer wiis, but a non-working cIOS could not cause any issues.

I never tried to install IOS249 since I don't need it because I don't pirate.

Check under "Utilities", I don't know what it did but I think that's the thing that f*ed up my Wii

Here is the META file's text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

cIOS_Installer
rodries
v1
cIOS Installer for USB2 (Homebrew)
USB 2.0 in MPlayerCE, The installer is for Homebrew USB2 only,
this will install IOS202 using base IOS60 and IOS36 automatically.
You can select the IOS to use to do the installation, so you can select a IOS with the fake sign bug.
IOS60 and IOS36 is downloaded to SD via the Nintendo's Update Server.
We are using IOS60 as a base as there has been improvements in wifi.
Those that install this cIOS do not require a DVDx installation.
If you plan on updating make sure to install the cIOS and DVDx before updating.

I got this app on the Homebrew Browser
August 11, 2010 07:57PM
Installing a cIOS won't mess up your Wii, it doesn't affect any other IOS or the System Menu, or any other installed title.
August 12, 2010 05:41AM
Interesting, obviously I haven't been keeping up on what is added to the Homebrew Browser. In any case, running that cIOS installer explains the presence of the "00000001" folder. Unfortunately, at this time I am unable to provide any more information regarding this problem.
August 12, 2010 11:16AM
I think that's on lukegb's repository, not the default one FYI.
August 12, 2010 05:50PM
no, he's right... to my surprise, it is on the default one... just added a couple days ago.

Interesting.
August 12, 2010 06:06PM
But isn't that cIOS now quite outdated, replaced by Tantric's updates?
August 15, 2010 01:00AM
How ironic, HBC gets an update for USB2.

I wasted my time (and now money because I have to flash it :L) trying to install that stupid IOS202 ^_^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login