Bricked Wii 4.2E
September 08, 2010 04:49PM
Hello everyone, Im new here so hope this post it ok!

I recently bought a bricked Wii off eBay. I knew what I was getting myself in for and have fixed bricked Wii's before, but this was back when 3.2 and 3.3 were the current System Menu's.

The Wii I have now is a UK PAL model and has 4.2E installed on it. I can verify this as when I boot with a GC controller holding the D-Pad down the corner text shows 4.2(EUR).

When I boot the console normally it just flickers and shows a black screen, no sound. It does not auto boot discs, the disc spins and then stops. A Wasabi DX chip is installed. I have tried to boot with files on SD card also.

I am not sure if I am using the right files, programs etc, this is just what I have tried!

Any ideas please let me know,

Nick
Re: Bricked Wii 4.2E
September 08, 2010 05:24PM
The brick was most likely caused by the installation of a bad channel WAD, and if this is the case, there is nothing you can do (assuming IOS 70 was not trucha patched). However, it could be caused by message board data corruption. If this is the case, you will be able to boot into maintenance mode. It also could be caused by a theme, in which case updating from a game with 4.3E would fix it.
September 08, 2010 09:49PM
jbc007
The brick was most likely caused by the installation of a bad channel WAD, and if this is the case, there is nothing you can do (assuming IOS 70 was not trucha patched). However, it could be caused by message board data corruption. If this is the case, you will be able to boot into maintenance mode. It also could be caused by a theme, in which case updating from a game with 4.3E would fix it.
But if it doesn't show the health screen the it's probably not a banner brick is it?
September 09, 2010 03:54AM
That does not matter. All we know is that the system menu is intact, but something is causing it to crash. This could very well be a malformed banner.
September 23, 2010 12:47AM
Corrupted message board?
September 23, 2010 04:06AM
oldtopman
Corrupted message board?

Jbc007
It could be caused by message board data corruption.

And stop reviving old topics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login