Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked wii + bootmii previously installed.

Posted by olizit 
Bricked wii + bootmii previously installed.
September 24, 2010 10:27AM
Hi,

When I powered up my wii, I have a black screen. I don't know exactly why my wii is bricked (maybe I am unplug external USB HDD when wii is powered up). I am previously installed bootmii but i lost entirely sd card which contains bootmii generated files such as /bootmii/armboot.bin etc. How can I recreate these files without wii ?

thanks in advance.

Olivier
Re: Bricked wii + bootmii previously installed.
September 24, 2010 09:52PM
I don't think your problem occured because you unplugged your HDD... unless you setup your Wii to boot using UNEEK or something like that. But somehow I don't think you were capable of doing that in the first place, and I can't discuss that app here anyways, soo...

What you seem to have lost is your entire NAND backup files, and if you're Wii is not operational, there doesn't seem to be anyway for you to dump your NAND again. I encourage you to REALLY look for that SD card if you feel you still have it in your posession, just lost somewhere.

Regardless, it will be pointless if you don't have bootmii installed as boot2 and only as an IOS... unless you happened to have Priiloader installed, which might help a bit with this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 09:53PM by Magil.
September 24, 2010 10:26PM
Thanks for your answer.

I am sure bootmii installed as boot2 and not as an IOS. I have seen bootmii screen before the wii bricked. Only a wii is able to create sd card bootmii files ?

Olivier
September 24, 2010 10:51PM
Normally, the Bootmii files can only be created by the Hackmii Installer. However, you likely can find them online. I recommend you google it unless someone is willing to send them to you. I could give you the files from Beta 2 if you want; they are somewhat out dated, but should work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 10:52PM by jbc007.
September 25, 2010 01:39PM
I find it !!!! I search everywhere on my pc and I find bootmii generated files. I open installer.log bootmii version is v0.6.
My wii start on bootmii at the startup but unfortunately my wii is enterily bricked.
Start systemmenu -> black screen.
Start homebrewchannel -> black screen.
I read carrefully readme.txt file from the hackmii v0.8 installation and I notice a file bootmini.elf. It's written "If you have previously installed BootMii as boot2, you can also use the SD browser of the BootMii shell to launch the MINI version - use the bootmini.elf binary in this case."
Can I use this file to reinstall Bootmii and HBC and try to fix my wii ?

Olivier
September 25, 2010 11:43PM
Bootmini.elf will not help you. If you have a working NAND backup, restore it and your wii will be fixed. If you don't have a working NAND backup, we must determine what is wrong so as to choose the most appropriate method of repair. Find the section of Bootmii where it tells you your NAND FS usage and system menu version, and tell us what it reports for these.
September 27, 2010 09:11PM
I power up the wii and going to information menu :
Bootmii v1.1
Stub v1.1
Mini v1.1
Console ID : 038eea08
SysMEnu : unknown boot1b boot2v3
NAND FS usage 3.3%

Olivier
September 28, 2010 12:38AM
Finally, everything becomes clear. Your NAND was formatted. Everything was deleted. This is somewhat rare, and it is unknown why this happens. You must use Comex's NAND formatter to fix this. Use NUS Downloader to download a system menu and its IOS (system menu 3.2 and IOS 30 v1040, for example) and the region select. Be sure to get the correct region of the system menu and region select. Have it pack these into WADs and put them in a folder named "wad" on the root of your SD card. Find a build of Comex's NAND formatter that actually formats the NAND (some builds only install WADs), and launch it from Bootmii.
September 28, 2010 01:46PM
Oki thanks a lot. I search for a build of "Comex's NAND formatter"

Olivier
September 28, 2010 04:59PM
I found a version of Comex's NAND formatter on this website : [filetrip.net]. Do you think it's a reliable version ?
September 28, 2010 06:17PM
I really couldn't tell you. However, it can not possibly do any harm to your wii, so you should try it.
October 01, 2010 08:29AM
It works well!!! I reinstalled my wii with Comex's NAND formatter without any problem. Thanks for all for your dianostic and your advise.
Olivier
October 01, 2010 06:09PM
Glad you got it fixed. Assuming you want all your channels and IOSes back, either perform a system update (online or from a game), or install them manually with DOP-Mii.
November 06, 2011 05:06PM
go to [[i]Removed[/i]] you need a gamecube controller and you can easily get ur wii back up and running

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 01:22AM by bg4545.
November 07, 2011 01:22AM
hazlenut
go to [forums.___hacks.net] you need a gamecube controller and you can easily get ur wii back up and running
We don't support those kinds of things here. The person got it fixed over a year ago, so there was no need to bring back this topic.

*Closed*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 01:28AM by bg4545.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.