Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP ME! I think I bricked my Wii -_-

Posted by danielcg 
HELP ME! I think I bricked my Wii -_-
October 04, 2010 07:35PM
I used HackMii installer about a month ago to hack my Wii. I got it from the official site, no bundles or other crap. I was told that the Smash Stack exploit was NOT PACHABLE and therfore I could leave WiiConnect24 ON. So I did, BIG MISTAKE!!! It did som update, as I was at 4.2u and I booted my Wii and it said 4.3u......I didn't think anything of it because I thought SmashStackwas not pachable. The Wii worked just fine. I had NO problems. then I went to Wii Shop Channel and it said I needed to update.. ugh, sigh....So I did. Again the Wii Worked fine. (Even the shopping thing) a couple days later: The Wii turns the Green LED on, checks for a disc, and displays: The Wii System Files Are Corrupt. and someting about the manual... ALL of the text is blurred, and messed up. I'll post a picture later if the forum supports it. I don't have time now.
Re: HELP ME! I think I bricked my Wii -_-
October 04, 2010 08:37PM
Do you have Priiloader installed on your Wii? If so, go into the settings and change the System Menu IOS to default (not sure exactly what the setting is called, as I have not used Priiloader, but it should be obvious I guess)
October 04, 2010 10:14PM
This may have nothing to do with homebrew. Try to access maintenance mode. If it works, perform a system format.
October 05, 2010 12:17AM
How do I get into Maintainecne Mode? I don't have any option to do anything. BootMii Doesn't even show up it boots right into the messed up error message. I can't even hardly read id because it has pixels missing.....
October 05, 2010 12:40AM
Hold down the + and - buttons during the health and safety screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 12:41AM by jbc007.
October 05, 2010 03:33AM
danielcg
... I could leave WiiConnect24 ON. So I did, BIG MISTAKE!!! It did som update, as I was at 4.2u and I booted my Wii and it said 4.3u......I didn't think anything of it because I thought SmashStackwas not pachable
WC24 did not update your Wii. WC24 only downloaded the system update announcement mail. Someone manually updated your Wii, not Nintendo.
October 07, 2010 05:23AM
I know. I update bcus of wii shop channel telling me to. I thought SS wasn't patchable. *sigh*
October 07, 2010 05:25AM
I don't even get to health n safety. It displays the mucked up error msg, and won't even turn off. I have to hold the power button to turn it off
October 07, 2010 05:25AM
Smash stack isn't patchable. You have an entirely different issue.
October 07, 2010 05:26AM
But on the wiki it says "Removes all HomeBrew" wouldn't that include smash stack?
October 07, 2010 05:42AM
1) No it doesn't
2) Smash Stack never even goes on the wii. Something can not be removed if it is not present. Therefore, Smash Stack can never be "removed".
3) Just try to access maintenance mode when the error screen appears. If this doesn't work, it will be difficult or impossible to repair.
October 07, 2010 08:22PM
You still didn't answer, did you install Priiloader after you updated?
October 08, 2010 06:10AM
Just because Smash Stack could be difficult to patch doesnt mean its "impossible", so dont spread that "SS isnt patchable" crap around. It's annoying, and its not true.
October 08, 2010 06:56AM
NintendoFreak
Just because Smash Stack could be difficult to patch doesnt mean its "impossible", so dont spread that "SS isnt patchable" crap around. It's annoying, and its not true.
Okay, so will you explain how Nintendo can patch it?
October 08, 2010 07:09AM
bg4545
NintendoFreak
Okay, so will you explain how Nintendo can patch it?

How am I supposed to know??? I dont work for Nintendo, so dont expect me to pull stuff like code from my butt with magical ways they could fix things.

Here is a link to a thread were I explained a way they could block it. (I dont know how brawl's stage loader works but maybe my idea could work).
[forum.wiibrew.org]

Nothing is impossible, and they ARE the people that made the Wii and it's system software so I'm sure they could do it if they put effort into it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2010 07:26AM by NintendoFreak.
October 08, 2010 08:48AM
They can't. You clearly don't know enough to make the claims that you're making. They can't patch an already existing game and the exploit is in the game itself. The files are on the SD card and don't go through the System Menu (so a System Menu or IOS update cannot block the exploit). The only way they can patch it is if they update everyone's SSBB disc with one without the stage loading crash.
October 08, 2010 03:31PM
They could probably include a fix for it in IOS 36, but that would be extremely difficult. In theory, this is possible. In practice, it will never happen.
October 15, 2010 08:57PM
WTF!!! Stop flaming each other in my thread -_-
Just tell me any possible ways to fix it. I'm on vacation and can't try anything, so just make a list of things I can try when I get back
No I don't have Priloader or anything like it., except bootmii, and Im not sure weather it's boot2 or iOS so pls don't ask.
I'm a complete n00b so I don't even know what boot2 or iOS is.
My wii doesnt display anything but the f'd up error message when I boot it.
October 15, 2010 08:58PM
Pls help I don't have $90 to spend on my wii
October 15, 2010 09:10PM
How many times does the disc slot flash when you turn the Wii on?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login