Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not completely bricked, but I am confused.

Posted by Mewgull 
Not completely bricked, but I am confused.
October 17, 2010 06:24AM
Now, I am NOT providing downloads to condone piracy, etc.
Hello, I joined here because I am new to the Homebrew Channel, and have some questions about my Wii
I just installed Homebrew Channel, and tried to install a Backup Channel (I AM NOT PROVIDING LINKS, merely seeking help relating to HBC)
Now, when press the power button on my Wii, it takes a literal 30 seconds to load up.
I have 4.3U and used the Indiana Pwns method for Homebrew only a couple of days ago, so I think I have the latest version. I tried many methods of installing the Backup Channel and probably done a whole load of things to my poor Wii.

I am wondering if anyone would have any idea on how to fix this bug. Two things:
- It takes 30 seconds to boot up
- When I press the power button after done with the backup channel it only reboots instead of turning off, and I have to wait 40 seconds again to turn it off.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum, and sorry if I crossed the line in my asking for help).

Thanks
Re: Not completely bricked, but I am confused.
October 17, 2010 04:49PM
What modifications did you make to your Wii to make this backup channel work? We will tell you how to undo them so that your Wii works as expected once again.
Re: Not completely bricked, but I am confused.
October 18, 2010 12:39AM
Well I did a whole slew of things to try and make it work, but method after method wasn't working until I finally found something that worked. Which means that I installed many things that could otherwise confuse my Wii's software. So I can't remember everything exactly.
What I can remember is this:
Installed DVD reading with "DVDx Installer"
cIOS Rev 14
cIOS36 Rev7
MIOS Patcher
GC Backup Launcher
Wii Backup Channel

(I know that this is not a cIOS help forum and this forum does not condone piracy, but I am not providing links and I am not encouraging it. I am merely seeking quick help with my problem, as I don't know anywhere else to go. If someone could either help me here or point me to the right forum, either would be splendid).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login