Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"The system files are corrupt"

Posted by danielcg 
"The system files are corrupt"
October 24, 2010 06:04PM
I had bootmii/boot2 on my RVL-001 Wii, then I upgraded the software to get the Wii shop channel to work, and now my Wii doesn't boot, it just says something about the system files being corrupt, and it's hard to read. I tried putting ARMBOOT.bin and PPCBOOT.elf in a new folder named bootmii and now at least it will flash the blue light, continuously every second it changes the blue disc light on or off. Heres a video of what It does. [www.youtube.com] What do I do? Is it fixible?(pls say yes lol)

Wii stats: Bootmii is boot2. Wii is OLD model number is RVL-001 got it like 2 days after the Wii was released. Have an SD card with my apps, but no NAND dump
User knowledge: Idiot lol I don't know what an iOS is, or a boot2 or boot 0 or boot 1 or anything else. I know what HBC is, I know what bootmii is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 06:12PM by danielcg.
Re: "The system files are corrupt"
November 12, 2010 12:25PM
Ok, lets start with a silly question. Do you have preloader or priiloader installed on your wii? If so by far the easyest way to fix it is use one of them to access the homebre channel and try reinstalling your system menu useing dop-Mii or similar.

Failing that, I would contact nintendo. I had something similar happen to me a few months back (my wii is the same age as yours) and i sent it off to nintendo and they simply reflashed my wiis NAND and sent it back to me. Ok, so I had to reinstall homebrew and lost ALL my saved games, but thats better than loseing the WII alltogether. If you do send it to nintendo just tell them that you performed a system update and this happened. DONT tell them about the homebrew on your wii, Leave it to them to look. They are so busy that they probably wont even look.

Well, good luck and i hope you get it fixed.
November 13, 2010 01:10AM
htaed
Ok, lets start with a silly question. Do you have preloader or priiloader installed on your wii? If so by far the easyest way to fix it is use one of them to access the homebre channel and try reinstalling your system menu useing dop-Mii or similar.

Failing that, I would contact nintendo. I had something similar happen to me a few months back (my wii is the same age as yours) and i sent it off to nintendo and they simply reflashed my wiis NAND and sent it back to me. Ok, so I had to reinstall homebrew and lost ALL my saved games, but thats better than loseing the WII alltogether. If you do send it to nintendo just tell them that you performed a system update and this happened. DONT tell them about the homebrew on your wii, Leave it to them to look. They are so busy that they probably wont even look.

Well, good luck and i hope you get it fixed.

Where are you getting your info, telling nintendo you don't have HBC is wrong, they will know you have it and refuse to fix it and send it back to you.
November 13, 2010 07:17PM
dirtrider73068
Where are you getting your info, telling nintendo you don't have HBC is wrong, they will know you have it and refuse to fix it and send it back to you.

Please note, I didnt say to tell them that you dont have HBC, I said

htaed
DONT tell them about the homebrew on your wii, Leave it to them to look.

basically dont tell them its there, they dont specifically ask (or didnt when i sent them my wii) so just dont mention it. My wii had homebrew but ither because the system was corrupt or they just didnt look they never questioned me about homebrew and fixed my wii and returned it in a matter of days.

Remember they probably fix lots of wiis every day so wont take the time to individualy check each one, specially when they dont even have to power the darnd thing up to reflash the nand which is an instant fix for this problem.
November 13, 2010 07:31PM
Nintendo used to fix wiis that had homebrew, but they do not anymore. The only way that they would not notice the presence of homebrew is if the system menu and its IOS were not intact.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login