Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corrupted Wii? Please help!

Posted by djq7 
Corrupted Wii? Please help!
November 21, 2010 07:38PM
Will try to provide as much info as I can. If i have missed anything, please feel to ask.

Just got a wii from a friend and it seems to be in a mess. Current Wii system is 4.1E. Homebrew is installed and showed IOS58 V23 32 when it was installed and launched using hackmii installer. But when I try it launching it now, it just restarts my wii.

I also have a USB loader which does not recognise my drive. I am also unable to go online, I get error code 52030. The dvd is also not working. I am unable to play any games at all.

I'm a complete noob, apologies my ignorance.

Many thanks
Re: Corrupted Wii? Please help!
November 23, 2010 06:24PM
Ok, to start off with NO USB LOADERS. Thats piracy, which is not supported here.

as far as i can tell it sounds like you have 1 of 2 problems, both are a relativly easy fix. First off, can you access any channels at all? If not then there is a good chance that your DVD drive is broken or has come unpluged. Take it to an insured console repare shop and ask them to take a look.

Two, If you can still access some channels (such as wiiware or VC channels) then it looks like you have some bad IOS's. I recomend looking at DOP-mii [wiibrew.org] and useing that to reinstall your system menu. If you do this take care, read the instructions fully and if you are unsure PM me and i will help you.

thaed
Re: Corrupted Wii? Please help!
November 25, 2010 10:45AM
Theres a couple of issues here, I'm not convinced they're interrelated. I hope if money changed hands with your 'mate' you got it for a good price, as it doesn't sound good.

Error code 52030 refers to a problem between the Wii and your router. I'd ask your mate if he's ever been online with it and look at your router setup accordingly.

"Current Wii system is 4.1E. Homebrew is installed and showed IOS58 V23 32 when it was installed and launched using hackmii installer. But when I try it launching it now" - by your choice of words and 'now', you seem to imply that you know it did work and something has changed. Is IOS58 V23 32 how it stands now?

Obviously USB loader talk is a no no, but I'm assuming by 'my drive doesn't work' you aren't just referring to copied discs. If you are, then be aware for the last year or so Wii's have had the functionality to play DVD-R's removed. If your drive isn't recognizing legitimate discs then you have a hardware problem that probably isn't fixable on these boards.

Other than that htaed pretty much covered it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login