Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Craving For Help!

Posted by Nikkorz 
Craving For Help!
December 11, 2010 03:07PM
Hello There.
My name is Arbaaz and I am from India.. I bought my Wii the previous year(2009).
It is a Korean Wii in which the system menu is from the US. The very first day I updated it and got my Wii semi-bricked. I could not access the system settings and had three dots with a white background. I thought that this happened only because I bought a Korean Wii. Then I managed to play the game without the settings until I got WI-FI network at home. I badly wanted to use WI-FI on Wii, so I started learning about Homebrew, System Menu, etc,. Then a month later I changed the system menu from 3.2U TO 3.2K in which I was able to access the system settings but the language turned into Korean. I could not understand anything and in panic, I updated the firmware from 3.2K To 4.2K. Then I had to re-install the Homebrew channel and other stuff. Then I changed the region to US thinking that my Wii would turn into a Wii made in US. But nothing happened as I wanted. When I turned on the Wii, it showed the "Health And Precaution" title where it asks you to press A. I tried it a million times but when I press the A button the screen goes black with a few traces of the previous screen(Health and Precaution).
I am quite confused if my Wii is fully bricked or banner bricked.
I have heard that when the Wii is fully bricked, it does not connect to the WiiMote.
I want to know if my Wii is banner bricked or fully bricked.
I don't know if I have a mod-chip installed but I was able to play the pirated games which were burnt to CD's.
Solution Required badly....
I would actually worship the person who would give me the solution....
Please! Now I am dependent on you people....
Re: Craving For Help!
December 12, 2010 06:56PM
You are just going to get the "We don't support piracy, buy your games and you will have no problems." from a mod/ admin soon, which is true. That's what you get for pirating games.
December 12, 2010 06:57PM
Ok, first try to access to the maintenance mode (at the health screen press + and - at the same time and then press the A button) if the system menu loads then you have a message board data corruption which can be fixed by a system reformat.

If the above method does not work then I can't help you, sorry.
December 12, 2010 10:05PM
NintendoFreak
You are just going to get the "We don't support piracy, buy your games and you will have no problems." from a mod/ admin soon, which is true. That's what you get for pirating games.

While this policy is true, your insinuation is has no basis and your proposed solution/recommendation would have no effect at this point in time. So if a guy comes in with a full bricked Wii, you'd recommend him to go out and purchase an original game and *poof*, his Wii is magically repaired? Also, he has not stated yet how did he update. For all we know, he might've updated manually through the System Settings, or while trying to use the Shop Channel.
Do please refrain from scolding people when they're looking for help for something stupid they might have done, and let the mods decide wether he deserves this punishment or not, and if he is to be helped or not.

Now, back to the topic at hand... it sounds like either Message Board corruption or bannerbrickin'. Regardless of wether you had any worthwhile messages (which cannot be retrieved at this point anyways) or not, try formatting your system like the guy before me said. I dunno how to do so through Maintenance Mode though, so standby for someone with more knowledge on the subject to give you instructions on how to do so.

If you were going around installing WADs and such, maybe you bannerbricked. In this case, see if you either have bootmii installed as boot2 or Priiloader installed.

To access Priiloader, keep pressed the Reset button on your console as you turn it on. If you have Priiloader installed, you'll get a Menu on a black or white screen (depending on the version of Priiloader you have installed). From there, you can run ATD to delete the channel that might be brickin' you.

To access bootmii, you need a specific set of files on an SD card (which I don't remember right now which where. Someone, please do fill in this blank). Insert the card before turning the Wii on, and if you have bootmii, you'll get a screen saying so. Since I do not have bootmii as boot2 myself, I don't know how to proceed with the repairs from this point onward, so you'll have to wait for someone else to instruct you.

I know I didn't actually help that much, but at least I'm verifying what repair options you might have available to work with.

Anyone else, correct me where I'm wrong and fill in my horrible blanks.
December 14, 2010 07:37AM
Magil
NintendoFreak

While this policy is true, your insinuation is has no basis and your proposed solution/recommendation would have no effect at this point in time. So if a guy comes in with a full bricked Wii, you'd recommend him to go out and purchase an original game and *poof*, his Wii is magically repaired? Also, he has not stated yet how did he update. For all we know, he might've updated manually through the System Settings, or while trying to use the Shop Channel.
Do please refrain from scolding people when they're looking for help for something stupid they might have done, and let the mods decide wether he deserves this punishment or not, and if he is to be helped or not.

I didn't say that an official game would fix anything.

If he had been legit, and bought the games (and Wii?) from his region there would be no problems. That's what he gets for being a pirate. Enjoy your Wii. =D
January 02, 2011 07:49AM
NintendoFreak
Magil
NintendoFreak

If he had been legit, and bought the games (and Wii?) from his region there would be no problems. That's what he gets for being a pirate. Enjoy your Wii. =D

I did not know that Nintendo Wii is region locked..I always used legit Games..They bricked my Wii..\
BTW I am looking for solutions and not lectures..
January 02, 2011 02:30PM
NintendoFreak
Magil
NintendoFreak

+ You have failed to provide solid evidence to backup your outrageous claims.

+ You have failed to HELP Nikkorz, which was the original intent of his first post.

If you have nothing useful to add, I would like to suggest you remain silent and let other people try and sort out his problem. Now then, onto the problem at hand...

@Nikkorz, have you tried any of the possible solutions either headfirst4halos told you or mine? We can't really make any progress without your input regarding you following our instructions. When you've gone and tried out each and every single one of our methods, do return immediately and post your results so we may determine what step we should take next.
March 10, 2011 07:03AM
It sounds like you semi bricked your Korean wii. I am guessing that you installed SM 3.2u, without changing the settings to USA. This results in a 3.2 KOR in the RM, which gives a black screen after the health screen. A semi bricked 4.2 KOR would give green or purple screen after the health screen, so I thing 3.2.

The language setting set to Korean prevents the USA SM from booting
The region setting of Korean prevents the system menu from loading update/data partitions on the wii disc.

If this is your situation, you can not fix the wii. You can not update it to 4.2k, it will not read the disc.

If by change you had the language set to Korean and the game region set to USA, you would not be able to load game, but you could load a recovery disc. This wii would show 3.2 USA, and give black screen after the health screen. If you have 4.2 USA, then you may be in a pinch as you can't load a recovery disc with ios70, and the Language setting is going to mess up game loading. But if it is USA, there may be hope.

Unfortunately, it is most likely that you have the 3.2 KOR, which is not fixable via softmod means. The only way to fix such a wii is if you have a nand backup from bootmii. If you do, you can have the nand reprogrammed.

Since you have not posted back, I assume you have figured the wii is dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2011 07:06AM by mauifrog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login