Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How? To fix semi-brick wii?

Posted by ken1121 
How? To fix semi-brick wii?
December 15, 2010 09:15AM
I direct this message to SifJar.

Yes, I acknowledge that [[I]REMOVED[/I]] is illegal, but consider DOP Mii. Have you ever thought of people who do not have internet connection?
I have tried countless times, on different versions, no, dead zero.
Only after I used that illegal software to up it to 4.1J then inadvertently up it to 4.3J was I able to use DOP Mii to downgrade to 4.1J again.

The burning of system menu isos didn't work.(I wasted 5 DVD-Rs)
AnyRegion Changer didn't work(the dot on the current system menu row in the mid bottom row persisted with then 3.4U)
DOP Mii didn't work(till i upped the version with [[I]REMOVED[/I]])

So before you take my response as crap, please think twice so a to give a better advice first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 09:28AM by bg4545.
Re: How? To fix semi-brick wii?
December 15, 2010 09:24AM
He gave you better advice. Dop-Mii works offline as well.
December 15, 2010 09:24AM
For all those with the "unable to access settings" problem, find something on the post above and google it. That was my BEST shot at curing the problem, without a connection. Whatever you do, do not misuse the excess file which "it" provides. WADs are indeed illegal, but it helps big time in this case.
December 15, 2010 09:28AM
@bg4545

I'm sorry, but I could not get passed the NUS Download part or something that has got to do with NUS WHILE OFFLINE. But after the wii became ONLINE after the hack mod, then it worked. I swear it true. (Pardon the Upper-Cases please).
December 15, 2010 09:29AM
Just because you couldn't figure out how to do it doesn't mean it's impossible. It also doesn't mean that you should advise others to use anything illegal.
December 15, 2010 09:38AM
As far as my understanding goes, this part of the forum is FixMii. Oh by the way, I don't see the difference between the way I do it and the way others do it. Follow a tutorial somewhere. One more thing, DOP Mii Homebrew Edition 14.5v is barely a Megabyte, the upgrade/downgrade 4.1(J/U/etc...) wad is about 27 megabytes, where on earth (or on wii or on sd card) does it get all that info from. Probably the internet. Most people don't view this as significant because they already have an up and running internet connection. I know 'cause I didn't.
December 15, 2010 09:39AM
Keep this thread open, maybe some person knows how to do it the legal, legal way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 09:39AM by ken1121.
December 15, 2010 09:44AM
You really don't understand do you? It's not about the size of the app or wad. You must use "NUS Downloader" (google it) to get the WADs legally. Then you put them on your SD card. Then you run DOP-Mii and install them. It's not that hard.
December 15, 2010 09:48AM
Yeah it's not that hard that I know. But consider the pains that a guy on a Mac has to go through. I couldn't get the NUS downloader to open even after spamming the mouse.
One question: There are legal/illegal wads?
December 15, 2010 09:55AM
There is an app for a mac (I don't remember what it's called) but it is legal to download WADs from NUS and that's it.
December 15, 2010 09:55AM
One thing i don't understand, isn't homebrew illegal in itself by permantly making changes to the wii NAND? What then makes this homebrew app (the one from the thing you removed) more illegal? In my opinion, people create wads, not just one person or a few people. So if its available to the general, what's the diff in creating your own and downloading off the net?
December 15, 2010 09:58AM
By the way, I have the NUS Downloader.dmg, it's the app with the green arrow pointing down as the icon image. That's the one that is impossible to open. I tried that option alright.
December 15, 2010 10:16AM
Homebrew isn't illegal. Unauthorized yes, but perfectly legal. WADs are not because they, in most cases, contain Nintendo's code. You are talking about illegaly downloading WADs because people don't seem to care that it's illegal.
I'll see about a Mac NUSD later.
December 15, 2010 10:22AM
Thank you very much. Appreciated.
December 15, 2010 10:47AM
Apparently the Mac version has gone missing... There's one that doesn't work (which us the one you tried) and the one that does work has been removed when its site was removed. There us a way to run NUSD on a Mac which I'm looking into.
December 15, 2010 11:52AM
Thanks again!
December 15, 2010 06:24PM
NUS WAD Downloader (by Xuzz/IceFire) works completely cross-platform last time I checked. You need to install Python first, and maybe one or two dependency libraries.

Also, one of the libWiiSharp examples is a NUS Client i.e. can download WADs legally and I believe the stuff in libWiiSharp can run with Mono, although it may need recompiled, but that should let it work.

Finally, there is a command-line tool called Update Downloader ( [wiibrew.org] ) which is distributed as source, and needs compiled. I think if you install GCC, wget and make (google these things, you should find them) that should be enough to compile it for your OS, but I'm not 100% sure. Sadly I don't own a Mac, or I'd try and compile it for you.
December 15, 2010 10:08PM
Yeah NUS Wad Packer is gone, since the site was taken down. I haven't been able to find the Mac version anywhere.
I'll see about the others

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 10:21PM by bg4545.
December 16, 2010 02:54AM
Hi!

I downloaded the Mac NUS Downloader from this site: [[i]GBAFail[/i]]

but the problem is that it just isn't opening up, the dmg works fine, but the application itself... ,as I mentioned before.
Has it got anything to do with key.bin, not sure what's that nor what is does.

[[i]GBAFail[/i]] (Another one, six posts from the top)(The super big one.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2010 05:40AM by bg4545.
December 16, 2010 05:43AM
Yes I know, I already told you that one doesn't work. The user that posted it stated that it doesn't have any function whatsoever but it is the "first step" to a workng one. I don't think anything ever came of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login