Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, guys, Wii bricked with 4.3...

Posted by The_Spoony_Hou 
So, guys, Wii bricked with 4.3...
January 17, 2011 09:55AM
My Wii was bricked some months ago... I updated to 4.3, and when StartPatch was released for it, I used it and bang. No bootmii nor nothing (yeah, I'm an idiot), so nothing to do.

I tried the savemii(free) method, and the version number does appear in the screen, so I guess it can be saved (hopefully), but Nintendo sure is taking their god damned time to release 4.4, and I'm getting annoyed. I saw in the wiki that there are two versions of IOS 80, and I updated my Wii as soon as the new Homebrew Channel released, so maybe I've got the older IOS 80. I'm thinking that maybe some game could upgrade it... Is that possible?

Also, is there anyway to temporarily make my Wii read a burned disc, so I could make some autoboot disc to fix it?
Re: So, guys, Wii bricked with 4.3...
January 17, 2011 01:42PM
It looks like you're stuck like that. making an autoboot disc requires the trucha bug, which your Wii Menu definetly doesn't have. Sorry.
January 17, 2011 11:56PM
Not even if I chipped it? I was thinking of doing it if there's a solderless option out there...
January 18, 2011 01:55PM
If you chipped it, your Wii still wouldn't have the Trucha Signing bug which permits modified discs, so you can't run some sort of unbricker
January 18, 2011 07:28PM
Oh, I see... :(

Thanks for your help. I guess I'll have to wait until 4.4 then.
March 10, 2011 03:01AM
If it is 4.3e you can make an autoboot "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" -Pal disc, boot it via RM with savemiifrii and run Smash Stack Pal

If it is 4.3u/j/k, you can do a disc swap trick like Mario Kart -PWNS or DiscSwap-PWNS, then use that to load SSBB-Pal.

As it is now, Smash Stack Pal can be run from the recovery menu on all regions, making any wii with a working recovery menu fixable.
March 13, 2011 10:42AM
Mine is 4.3u.

Can I do that on a unmodded Wii? The search I did online showed that only modded Wiis can do a swap trick...
March 13, 2011 05:03PM
The wii does not need and software modifications for the swapdisc-pwns trick, but you would need an older DVD drive that could be chipped. You would then boot an in region swapdisc game and use that to boot ssbb-pal from your 4.3u recovery menu. So you would need to get some hardware and open up your wii to get it fixed. That would probably cost you 30-50$, and opening the wii will void any N warranty.

Basically you buy yourself ssbb-pal, and a swap disc game, perhaps castlevania or dora, there are a few that work. Then you modify the disc header of the game to autoboot, have a matching game id and title and region. The swap disc must be in NTSC-u, it will boot on you 4.3u wii, then you do the swap trick and ssbb-pal will load allowing you to run the smash stack pal and fix your wii.

You don't need the Trucha bug for his to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 05:05PM by mauifrog.
March 15, 2011 09:23PM
Man, many thanks for your help. I'll get the games I need (Castlevania was already on the way, luckily) and try this method. I found your post on another forum, and will read it careafully.

Again, many many thanks :).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login