BootMii/boot2 black screen, but not bricked at all [FIXED]
January 26, 2011 07:25AM
Everything works fine, BootMii is awesome, just when the Wii boots or I run it via HBC's home menu, it's a black screen.
I can still input with the GC and enter the Homebrew channel or the Wii menu, I just can't see anything when I'm selecting. After that everything works, I can see again.
4.2U. Also while I'm here, is upgrading to 4.3 a bad idea? I installed HBC via the Smash exploit (not sure what it's called; a friend of mine did the installing for me, I just watched and pretended to know what was going on).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 07:37AM by Khiash.
Re: BootMii/boot2 black screen, but not bricked at all
January 26, 2011 07:31AM
Try playing around with Bootmii Configuration Editor, it's a Homebrew Channel app that changes Bootmii's configuration files on the SD card. Also, upgrading to 4.3 isn't a bad idea, the only thing that 4.3 blocks is Bannerbomb which you wan't need because if for some reason homebrew is ever uninstalled you can just use Smash Stack expoit.
Re: BootMii/boot2 black screen, but not bricked at all
January 26, 2011 07:36AM
Sweet, I just changed the video settings from progressive to NTSC and I can see again. Thanks!
Re: BootMii/boot2 black screen, but not bricked at all [FIXED]
March 23, 2011 01:49PM
I installed system menu 4.1ntscu by mystake........On my wii 4.3u.......and it froze and i reboot it....... i get the black screen...the bootmii wont work, preloader wont work, the GC wont work....notthing wont work..but i didnt try the savemii yet and i dont got 1..what should i do bcause i'm clueless .
Re: BootMii/boot2 black screen, but not bricked at all [FIXED]
March 23, 2011 03:25PM
You killed it.

Only boot2 bootmii or NAND reprogramming can fix it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login