Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bad priiloader installation cause me a brick...

Posted by grovoz 
bad priiloader installation cause me a brick...
February 17, 2011 03:30PM
my wii is brick...

it happened when I was trying to install priiloader v0.6 b3. in the middle of the installation I got an dsi exception error... i had to hold power button to turn it off... I press power again and now i dont have video signal, the wiimote can turn on the wii but it don't sync any further...

I already tried holding reset but nothing happens... (with bootmii and priiloader files in the SD)

is almost new, like 2 months, so i dont think is the BlueTooth module or the wifi... it was working properly...

its funny... i wanted to install priiloader to avoid this happens in the future...

black wii
sysmenu 4.3u
hbc 1.0.8 installe using Bathaxxv1En
bootmii as ios
no network
nand copy

any ideas? please help
Re: bad priiloader installation cause me a brick...
February 18, 2011 08:37PM
I think you'll have to buy an infectus modchip, it can flash your NAND copy. Either that or send it to get repaired.
March 08, 2011 06:21AM
Send your wii to-
Deadlyfoez
Bad-Ad84
streamlinehd
krank
erikie

+ your bootmii nand.bin and key.bin

They can fix it for about $60 with shipping included.

If you did not make a bootmii nand backup, your wii is trash. Fix it under warranty if you can. Your warranty is void, but no one knows but you.

By the way, for all those reading, this is why we install priiloader with a patched ios and not use ABHPROT.
March 08, 2011 03:38PM
mauifrog
Send your wii to-
Deadlyfoez
Bad-Ad84
streamlinehd
krank
erikie

+ your bootmii nand.bin and key.bin

They can fix it for about $60 with shipping included.

If you did not make a bootmii nand backup, your wii is trash. Fix it under warranty if you can. Your warranty is void, but no one knows but you.

By the way, for all those reading, this is why we install priiloader with a patched ios and not use ABHPROT.
We don't support patched IOSes.
March 08, 2011 08:09PM
My understaning was that wiibrew does not support applications that patch iOS in favor of ABHPROT, but wiibrew stills supports applications that run on iOS permissions, like priiloadet, any region changer, etc

I was only pointing out the ABHPROT is still a little buggy and with apps such as priiloader there is a potential for bridling if it fails. This risk is lessened ATM when priiloader is loaded with iOS permissions instead of ABHPROT. There have been numerous brick reports during priiloader 0.6 install using ABHPROT when the wii is offline. Bricks make me sad and should be avoided.
March 08, 2011 09:14PM
IOS =/= iOS. And ANY patched IOS is against the rules for discussion here, as are any tool which REQUIRES a patched IOS. Tools like Priiloader which work with AHBPROT and have zero need of a patched IOS are fine.

And I believe Daco fixed that bug somehow.
March 08, 2011 09:17PM
Sorry, typo
It is this darn iPod
The bug is better, but still a few issues.
March 08, 2011 10:05PM
There are certain apps (such as AnyRegion Changer) which require things that are patched into newer IOSes but you could also use AnyRegion Changer with an old version of IOS36 (the official version) that's why it is supported. I've been meaning to update ARC but since I'm not really a coder I haven't been able to get it to work correctly.
March 08, 2011 10:34PM
bg4545
There are certain apps (such as AnyRegion Changer) which require things that are patched into newer IOSes but you could also use AnyRegion Changer with an old version of IOS36 (the official version) that's why it is supported. I've been meaning to update ARC but since I'm not really a coder I haven't been able to get it to work correctly.
OK, got it, thank you. If you have newer wii, careful because ios36-1042 will crash when loaded on many newer consoles.
March 09, 2011 08:21PM
SifJar
And I believe Daco fixed that bug somehow.
well 0.7 BETA 1 seems to work 100% again thanks to my (hacky) fix :')

also, priiloader 0.6 supports using IOS36 when AHBPROT isn't available

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 08:22PM by dacotaco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login