Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think my wii is bricked.

Posted by tomgoodman 
I think my wii is bricked.
March 23, 2011 12:11AM
Hi, I reccently heard about this wii homebrew, my friend who works at gamestop says he has this old one that he could give me, I read that the old ones work perfect with bootmii, so I got LoZTP and an sd with bootmii and the twilight hack, when booting the wii on, I got this message "Insert Startup Disk". Could anyone help me? I think the wii is bricked.
Re: I think my wii is bricked.
March 23, 2011 12:24AM
oh wait, nvm, my friend told me that was a non functional one :)
March 23, 2011 04:32AM
At the risk of feeding a troll, could you post screen shots of this non-functional Wii?
March 23, 2011 10:42AM
Heh, sounds like it was one of the demo units that got sent to Gamestop pre wii launch but never got activated with the magic disc - see [hackmii.com] (and read comment 37 at the bottom).
March 24, 2011 01:03AM
if it were me, i would send it to somebody to install a real system menu and whatnot using unofficial methods. if you try to have nintendo fix this, you will likely get a replacement. the wii you have now definitely has the vulnerable boot1, meaning you could install bootmii@boot2.

IMO, it would be worth it to do it myself, or even to fork out the $20 for shipping to mail it to somebody before i called up nintendo.
March 24, 2011 03:08AM
I think any disc update would get a SM on that wii. I have my doubts that he actually has one though.
March 24, 2011 10:22AM
dont you think that in the 5 years since that wii was made, somebody would have tried putting a game in it? i would assume that if it would update from a game, it would have been taken care of long ago.
March 24, 2011 04:08PM
I don't know, I have only ever heard of one. Why not?
March 25, 2011 12:38AM
Because the hackmii write-up explicitly states that only the RAAE disc will be accepted.
March 25, 2011 01:53AM
OK, so chip it and patch the game to RAAE, install whatever you like. Simple- I think

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 01:55AM by mauifrog.
March 26, 2011 12:37AM
Have you even read the hackmii post? The RAAE disc has to have a .dol on it designed specifically to install a new system menu (and it has to be able to run under the extremely old IOS version that is already installed). Any update partition will be ignored by the wii's current loader.
March 26, 2011 07:51PM
...And that .dol simply has to be something like dop-Mii that will install a system menu from SD card.
March 27, 2011 12:06AM
Old IOS versions = no SD (or USB) card access.
March 27, 2011 10:18AM
really? IS there any way we can connect to NUS servers to get the files?

BTW, if you can somehow get the Hackmii Installer on a disc, run it, install Homebrew Channel, run Bootmii and do a NAND backup, that would be VERY useful

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 10:31AM by metroid_maniac.
March 27, 2011 11:50AM
Bushing wrote how he did it in the hackmii blog post that I linked to, didn't anybody bother to read it before replying here?
March 27, 2011 11:53AM
No, I'm far too lazy. BRB

Ah yes, the old NTSCU semi brick fix disc. The link is here, all you need to do is change the disc ID to RAAE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 11:56AM by metroid_maniac.
April 05, 2011 01:03PM
tueidj
Old IOS versions = no SD (or USB) card access.
I was wrong about this. They do have SD access and some USB access (not sure if it's full or wiimotes only) but not wifi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login