Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

replaced ios with an official version :( like an idiot...

Posted by loucal 
replaced ios with an official version :( like an idiot...
May 28, 2011 02:44PM
I was trying to start over because i couldn't use wifi since i had priiloader piggy backed on top of startpatch which I had used to patch (and fail the wireless tests) so i tried to patch systemmenu over ios249 (don't ask why) and I realized it wasn't right before i rebooted, but I didn't know i could just use wad manager to uninstall so instead i went back to the computer and got a legit version of ios 249 thinking that would fix it... bricked :(

Any ideas? Black screen on startup, if I hold down reset i see a litttle white flash across the middle then black screen.
Re: replaced ios with an official version :( like an idiot...
May 28, 2011 03:19PM
If you don't have BootMii/boot2, you have destroyed your Wii. The only way to fix it would be with a hardware NAND programmer, and that is assuming you have a NAND dump (or at least a keys dump) from BootMii/IOS. There is NEVER a need to patch SM to use any IOS other than the default. That was your second mistake however. The first was having a patched IOS249 (i.e. warez cIOS) on your Wii in the first place. Sadly there is nothing you can now do for your Wii without what I mentioned above.
May 28, 2011 03:26PM
OK, I had originally thought that but it seemed like when a few people wrote their ios249 on the forum winmaster said he was PMing 'further instruction' which differed from what i usually see saying what you said, so I wanted to make sure there was no possible way to fix it with savemii
May 28, 2011 03:46PM
I do have priiloader installed, I just couldn't install bootmii as boot2. It caused me many problems too because all I wanted to do was recover my nand but bootmii wouldn't let me do it, it said I had to press A+B+X+Y at the same time but I tried that about 30 times and it didn't work.

Any chance the 'take apart a gamecube controller and hold down the right buttons' thing will work? Supposed to do the same as savemii
May 28, 2011 04:21PM
No SaveMii will NOT work because it relies on SM being able to boot i.e. you need to have a working System Menu IOS. Can you access Priiloader?
June 02, 2011 01:43AM
Installing ios249 should not brick your wii. Priiloader should still work. Hold reset and see if priiloader loads. If priiloader is not working savemiifrii should not work either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login