Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Low Level bricked Wii

Posted by Csagohan 
Low Level bricked Wii
June 14, 2011 03:37AM
Ok so I bricked my Wii last year and I think it was a 4.1 or 4.0. I was trying to downgrade to 3.2 because for some reason my Wii couldnt play burned games. So when i was downgrading my Wii just froze. I restarted it knowing what would happen and Ta-Da~ the Wii is bricked. I can still turn on my Wii and the led light turns green when on, I can also still hear the DVD motor running also I can turn on my Wii with my Wiimote so my bluetooth module works.. I think I installed boot2 but i cant remember cause its been a year. I have tried holding reset on boot but it dosent work and I have a gamecube controller but I dont have startfall installed so :S. Can anyone help me solve this? Edit: Also there is no health check screen at boot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 03:38AM by Csagohan.
Re: Low Level bricked Wii
June 14, 2011 04:50AM
This is why we don't pirate or downgrade.

If you have a friend with a Wii, use it to launch the HackMii Installer and prepare your SD card under the BootMii menu. This will place the necessary files on your SD card for BootMii to boot if you have it installed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 04:51AM by winmaster.
June 14, 2011 05:05AM
Cant i just download it onto my sd card via computer?
June 14, 2011 09:23AM
Yeah. But if after preparing your SD card and inserting it back into your Wii and turning it on (don't hold any buttons), it still doesn't work, your Wii is probably irreparably bricked (without a hardware NAND programmer anyway - very complicated process involving dismantling the Wii, desoldering the NAND chip etc.). This is why you should NEVER downgrade. It has NO benefit, for anything, including piracy. Everything that could be done on 3.2 is possible on 4.3 (latest SM) and then some.
June 14, 2011 04:13PM
Csagohan
Cant i just download it onto my sd card via computer?

If you have the necessary files, then yes.
June 14, 2011 04:17PM
Can someone please link me to these files please so i can try them out?
June 14, 2011 04:22PM
If savemiifrii does not work and you don't have boot2 bootmii installed only nand reprogramming can fix your wii. You can have the nand reprogrammed on any wii that supports boot2 bootmii install, ie. the wii is old and has a vulnerable boot1. Newer wiis that do not support boot2 bootmii can also be reprogrammed, but to reprogram newer wiis you must have the nand keys. If you have a bootmii nand.bin from a nand backup or the keys.bin, you have the keys or you could have extracted the keys with xyzzy. You can reprogram the nand yourself, but it would be easier and cost about the same just to send it to someone who reprograms the wii nand.

These people can reprogram it for you, they are great.

Bad-Ad84- England
DeadlyFoez- USA
Streamlinehd- USA
Krafter- USA
erikie- Netherlands

Cost about 50-60$

I doubt that savemiifrii is working for you, but if it was you could fix it with a disc update from a retail game or Smash Stack with a chip.

If bootmii is installed in boot2 you should see two quick flashes from the blue led drive light when you power the wii on with disc and sd card removed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 04:33PM by mauifrog.
June 14, 2011 04:23PM
Did you even bother to google? The FIRST result googling "HackMii Installer" is the download link. [www.bootmii.org]
June 14, 2011 05:34PM
You could try-
Bootmii-folder-u.zip
Bootmii-folder-pal.rar
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login