Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to install system tools onto sd card??

Posted by bippity 
how to install system tools onto sd card??
June 15, 2011 06:33PM
hey guys, I got a semi-bricked wii and im following this forum [forum.wiibrew.org] to fix it. I got to the part where i downloaded my IOS wad and saved it to my "wad" folder in my SD card and I downloaded my system menu but dont know where to put it(so help me with that too). Now it tells me to install with wadImport but i don't know how to put it onto my SD card. Help?
Re: how to install system tools onto sd card??
June 15, 2011 06:50PM
Put all WADs in the "wad" folder and WadImport in the "apps" folder the way you would any other homebrew app then load it from HBC.

But to be honest, it's probably easier to just use dop-Mii:WiiBrew Edition. It can download any IOS and System Menu straight from Nintendo's Server's if you have WiFi and then install it on the Wii.

But if you are happy with WadImport go with it. Best to do what you're most comfortable with.
June 15, 2011 07:43PM
Im going to give dop-mii a try, but i just downloaded it from the wiki and im not sure how to use it. can you help me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 07:54PM by bippity.
June 15, 2011 08:28PM
Run the dop mii app from the homebrew channel. Run under IOS58 (AHBPROT). If this option does not appear, re-install the homebrew channel. Then install the system menu inside dop mii.
June 30, 2011 05:30PM
i got a run under IOS36...i got to the part where i install system menu 4.1 us , but then it says i need to have bootmii and a backup of my NAND before continuing...should i just continue? because i don't know how to install the bootmii
June 30, 2011 10:12PM
nevermind i got it. i managed to install bootmii and then make a back up and installed 4.1 system menu using the network
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login