Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black Screen WITH Audio

Posted by frontier 
Black Screen WITH Audio
July 14, 2011 06:22PM
OK, so the other day I signed up for Netflix. I then went to hook my wii because it has not been used in about 6 months.
I boot it up and the console seems to boot fine but no menu or anything appears. The audio works fine
because I can here the wii music. I put fresh batteries in the remote and the remote works fine
because I can hear a sound when I press the button. I am using the Red, White, and Yellow
wires to hook up wii. I have tried different ports on tv and still does not work. I know the port on the
tv work find because I can hook up dvd player. I am starting to think it may be a hardware problem
with the graphics card or something. I have a real hard time believing the cable went bad somehow but
will try to replace it somehow. Also, I tried to hook this up to another tv (LCD) and got the same results.
Anyone see this problem and how to fix? Are graphics cards hard to install?
Re: Black Screen WITH Audio
July 14, 2011 11:40PM
Bought a brand new cable. Same thing happening.
Anyone ever see these symptoms? I would love to be able to fix
this myself instead of shelling out $95................
July 15, 2011 05:05AM
Could be a setting on the tv since you tried on 2 lcd tv's and they are both doing same thing? Has anything been done to the wii, HBC or anything else?
July 15, 2011 07:10AM
If you are using composite cable, try component. If you are using component cables, try composite. Not sure, but you could have a dead av encoder. I am sure you did, but make sure you have the wires connected properly.
July 15, 2011 03:43PM
mauifrog
If you are using composite cable, try component. If you are using component cables, try composite. Not sure, but you could have a dead av encoder. I am sure you did, but make sure you have the wires connected properly.

I hooked up the 5 component cables and the wii menu now comes up!
The 5 component cables are hooked up to a newer digital vizio lcd tv.
The older tv is analog. Is there anyway I can hook this back up to the older tv?
I looked at the wii screen settings in menu (on newer tv) and presently they are set to:

TV Resolution = Standard TV 480i
Widescreen Settings is Standard 4:3

Do you think that there is some hardware problem with the console
or do you think that the screen settings need to be changed?
Seems rather odd that composite cabes (RWY) while do not work
while the 5 component cables (GBRWR) work fine.
July 16, 2011 06:30AM
Yes I think you have a hardware issue. Only way to fix it would be to replace the AV encoder. You could get a converter box for the old tv if you want to use the wii on it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login