Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii not functioning!!

Posted by shariftamimi 
wii not functioning!!
September 23, 2011 06:51PM
Good afternoon,

First apologies if my post in the wrong section but I couldn’t find relevant place.

I bought a wii Nintendo from UAE when I returned to the UK and bought wii games it gives me "please insert disk"

I searched google for solution to know the problem with no success
Is there a way to have a solution to make my wii working?
I am not sure where the problem is, when I tried it in the UAE it was working perfect

Can anyone help please!!

Kind regards,
Sharif

PS: To the site admin:
When subscribed to your kind forum, I had this warning on top of your site page

Re: wii not functioning!!
September 24, 2011 02:51AM
What is the Wii's System Menu version/region? Since you're in the UK it should be E but maybe it's the wrong region so it can't play UK games?
September 24, 2011 04:47PM
bg4545
What is the Wii's System Menu version/region? Since you're in the UK it should be E but maybe it's the wrong region so it can't play UK games?

Many thanks for your kind reply
The region is: RVL-001(UAE)

Is there any way to make it working in the UK!!!
September 24, 2011 07:57PM
shariftamimi
Many thanks for your kind reply
The region is: RVL-001(UAE)

Is there any way to make it working in the UK!!!
Sorry, that's not the version/region. On your Wii go to "Wii Options" and then "Wii Settings" and in the upper right-hand corner it will say the version such as "4.3E". The E means it's "Europe" a U means "USA" and J means "Japan".
Also, does it still play games from the UAE?
September 24, 2011 10:49PM
Hi bg4545,

Sorry for the late reply
I followed your steps and the version is 4.3U

Yes its still playing UAE's all types of games

Kind regards
September 25, 2011 10:21AM
Ah I see. Your Wii's System Menu is the USA version so it cannot play UK games by itself. You have 2 options:
1. Install the Homebrew Channel and use Gecko OS to boot your UK games.
2. (Install the Homebrew Channel and) install Priiloader and enable region free games. (This will let you play any region games from the Wii Menu itself.)
September 25, 2011 12:28PM
Hi bg4545,

Many thanks for your reply

How can I do step 2 as i have many games from the gulf
I want to play any region games please

Kind regards,
September 25, 2011 11:05PM
If you don't already have the Homebrew Channel, install it by following this guide here: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com] (You should probably use the Letterbomb exploit)
Once you have the Homebrew Channel, run the Priiloader installer from here: [wiibrew.org] (Download link is in the box on the right)
Once Priiloader is installed, turn off your Wii. Turn it back on while holding the Reset button on the front of the Wii. When Priiloader loads, select "System Menu Hacks" and enable "Region Free Wii Discs".
September 27, 2011 09:11PM
Hi bg4545

Many thanks for all your help
With the above installation I can use any type of games from any region, is that correct Sir!!!
September 30, 2011 01:04PM
Hi bg4545,

Great job man, you are the best

The good news is Homebrew is installed and running
The bad news when I tried to install Priiloader it gave me wrong message:

cios36 isn't ES identity patch, error 1017, aborting mission

Where things went wrong please!!!!

Also when I try to go to bootmii menue it goes to black screen - and foreez all the wii- and I had to dissconnect my wii from the main power to reset it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 07:27PM by shariftamimi.
October 01, 2011 07:44AM
Download the priiloader installer again. Make sure you extract all the files to the sd card.
you should have
sd:\apps\priiloader\boot.dol
sd:\apps\priiloader\meta.xml
others
Then load the priiloader installer, it should load under ios58, you should see ios58 in the upper left corner of priiloader installer. If not, ensure HBC is running on ios58, ensure you have the latest HBC installed running on ios58. You can check from the HBC menu and see what ios it is running on, it should be 58. Priiloader running on ios36 suggests that you don't have updated install files, or you don't have the meta.xml on the sd card properly. The meta.xml should have the [no ios reload] flag set, if not it installs on ios36. If installing on ios36, ios36 must have ES identity
October 02, 2011 01:33PM
Hi mauifrog,

Mant thanks for your kind reply

I tried to follow your steps.
The problem I couldnt find the files you mentioned above to be compined on the file

I do appreciate your kindness in giving me a download link with all the files you suggested

Kind regards - Sharif
October 03, 2011 08:15AM
[wiibrew.org]
All the files are in here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login