Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.1E to 4.1U... help is apreciated...

Posted by jakqkiln 
4.1E to 4.1U... help is apreciated...
November 05, 2011 05:02AM
i had a post called "i accidentally my whole wii' before, its still alive, and its the same wii...

i let the wii sit there for years, and now am ready to give it another try, here is what i've accomplished:
from being X.XU to a downgrade to 3.2E (accidentally pressed E instead of U) and then format the wii and then upgrade it, leaving me with a "european wii" and hard ways of getting the HBC back...
(the wii was formatted and updated stupidly by me being paranoid because of the PAL signal the wii had, and made the screen look bad, but i now have a TV that can read PAL signal, which is how i managed to get the HBC back)

i now have the HBC, but i am not able to find any region changer that can help me change my wii back to a "U," NOT "E"
i did find something called DOP where it had some options of changin back to "U," but when i wend back to the settings of the wii to check if it really went back, i got a white screen saying something about not beeing able to locate some files, and my american games still didn't work...
so i went back to the homebrew channel and returned it to 4.1E, and i could access the wii settings again...
(also i have encountered myself with plenty of dead links, so idk where i can continue my search...)
i would love to just go back to U so i can play my regular games, i don't want to mod it in any way at all anymore...

any help is greatly appreciated...
Re: 4.1E to 4.1U... help is apreciated...
November 05, 2011 07:14AM
What you have to do is downgrade your IOS36 in order to use AnyRegion Changer. You can do that with DOP-Mii.
So run DOP-Mii (and make sure you have AHBPROT, which you do if you have the newest version of the HBC) and then install IOS36 v1042. Then run AnyRegion Changer to change your settings to USA and Save them. Then you should use DOP-Mii to install the newest IOS36 again.
I quickly put together this video: [[url=http://youtu.be/SjdefPBsMrw]youtube.com[/url]]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 07:58AM by bg4545.
November 05, 2011 06:14PM
thanks for your reply bg4545, but i can't get the region changer to work,

i made a video of where am at, i can't run the region changer, i put a description on the video i made, please read it, thank you

[www.youtube.com]

i could not made a video reply or comment on your video, hope you can see the link here...
November 05, 2011 09:37PM
Yeah, use this version of AnyRegion Changer (it's the one that you downloaded but it's already set up correctly for the HBC)
[www.mediafire.com]
The one in your video is a newer mod of it that doesn't work with the way that you're doing it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 09:38PM by bg4545.
November 06, 2011 07:04AM
bg4545, i appreciate you help a lot...
my wii is fixed thanks to you...
now i need a new paper weight... :D!!!! (jk)
again, THANKS!!!
looking forward to play the new zelda, which i bought about a week ago without having a wii... nor a tv... but now i have both!!
THANKS!!! :DDDDDDD!!!!!!!
November 06, 2011 10:48AM
Sure, no problem! I'm glad I could help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login