Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

inherited wii issues

Posted by expired 
inherited wii issues
January 04, 2012 05:45AM
Hi there, I am very new to this area and apologize if this is the wrong place for this question. However, I was just given a Wii and it has BootMii v1.1 on it. It will boot into the Bootmii loader, however when Wii or Home Brew Channel are selected it just looses signal to my TV and hangs. TV doesn't even recognize the Wii anymore.

I am unsure how the original BootMii was even installed. I was just wondering if this machine is just completely bricked and a paper weight. or if there is anything I can try. I am completely fine just going back to standard Wii IOS if possible. I want this machine as a netflix streamer.

Can anyone assist?

Thank you
Re: inherited wii issues
January 04, 2012 07:59AM
Since Bootmii is working it's definitely fixable. But since it doesn't want to boot either HBC or the system menu the easiest way is probably creating a new NAND using ohneschwanzenegger; more details (with downloads) in this post.
January 04, 2012 09:36AM
I also suggest ohneschwanzenegger but unfortunately my site is down at the moment so the links are broken (it should be back up within 24hrs though): You can get ohneschwanzenegger here for now: [www.mediafire.com]
January 04, 2012 03:08PM
Thanks for the response so quick! I will try this when I get home and respond again with results :)
January 04, 2012 03:35PM
Just so I am clear, I have been reading alot of other posts. However, just a question on the process itself. Do I use my current SD card and just replace the NAND on it and load it through my bootmii? Do i need a 2nd SD card to accomplish this? Should I delete any old NAND files off the SD card and replace it with a brand new one from ohneschwanzenegger?

Sorry for soo many questions. I just wanna be sure of what i'm doing.
January 04, 2012 06:46PM
BACKUP your old NAND dump (never delete a NAND dump unless you have a newer WORKING version) first, in a safe place.

Then using another copy of the NAND dump (NOT THE BACKUP!!), open that dump (nand.bin) in ohneschwanzenegger (you'll also need to point it to your keys.bin).

Once it has opened your NAND, there should be an option to format the NAND - use this option to wipe this NAND dump completely clean. Then there is an option somewhere to simulate an update from NUS - do this and you will get the latest System Menu and a full set of IOS. Once you're done, you save the nand.bin and then put it on your SD card and restore it.

Hopefully this should fix your Wii. If not, we'll try and help you some more.
January 04, 2012 07:32PM
Thanks! that is what I was gonna do based on the links provided. Good to know I was right. I am at work for another few hours then i'll be going home to try this out!

This will make the world to my daughter if I can fix this!. If not, i'm not poor ill just buy one. But money is money! haha
January 05, 2012 08:28PM
I did everything stated. Created the new nand. Updated it to 4.3U. and now it just boots to black screen. Before it would lose signal completely from the Wii. It retains signal now, but is just a black screen without the SD card in it. With SD card I still get Bootmii menu but it will not load system menu or HBC.

I am at a loss now! Not sure if anything will fix this machine.
January 05, 2012 08:46PM
Hmm, the next thing I would try is Comex's NAND Formatter, although at this point there is a chance that the problem is a faulty bluetooth module. I believe that this would cause a black screen for SM and HBC, but that it still allows BootMii to function. However, I am not 100% certain this is the only possible problem.
January 06, 2012 04:12PM
you can open the wii up and jiggle the bluetooth doohicky. maybe at some time somebody knocked the wii off a shelf and it shook loose inside. make sure it is seated properly. you can also find somebody with a working wii and open both of them up and try switching the bluetooth things. that way youll know if it is the issue before you buy a new one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login