Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Wii doesn't load letterbomb hack

Posted by rotten69 
My Wii doesn't load letterbomb hack
January 16, 2012 06:01AM
Hello everyone,

I have got a 4.3E version black wii console and jailbroke it two weeks ago by using letterbomb hack. Then, I transfered the files from the SD card into my laptop and formatted the card. Then, I tried putting the jailbreak files back on the card and load the brew channel. But, it couldn't load at all so what I did was that I formatted the console and tried re-jailbreaking it. Now, the problem I'm facing at the moment is that the letterbomb hack doesn't load in the message board. Any ideas on what to do to fix the problem? Good help will be so much appreciated.

I hope to hear from anyone expert on this.
Re: My Wii doesn't load letterbomb hack
January 16, 2012 03:04PM
First off, there is no such thing as jailbreaking when it comes to the Wii. You just "install the Homebrew Channel". And what do you mean by "it couldn't load"? Did the installer fail? Or did it install and show up in the Wii System Menu but then some problem when you selected to launch the title?

Anyway, I have heard of issues with repeating the LetterBomb exploit before. Make sure you have checked the last few days, and if you can't find the letter, you may have to turn to a game based exploit to install Homebrew Channel.
January 16, 2012 05:44PM
There's no reason it wouldn't work multiple times. I've got dozens of those little bomb envelopes all scattered over different days from testing every time someone says the download page is broken.
January 17, 2012 02:38AM
tueidj
There's no reason it wouldn't work multiple times. I've got dozens of those little bomb envelopes all scattered over different days from testing every time someone says the download page is broken.

I tried looking at the days of last month and couldn't see any letterbomb envelopes in the message board. For the first time, when I tried installing the Home Brew Channel, I could find it in the message from the previous day rather than from the actual day I was installing the app on.
January 17, 2012 02:54AM
SifJar
First off, there is no such thing as jailbreaking when it comes to the Wii. You just "install the Homebrew Channel". And what do you mean by "it couldn't load"? Did the installer fail? Or did it install and show up in the Wii System Menu but then some problem when you selected to launch the title?

Anyway, I have heard of issues with repeating the LetterBomb exploit before. Make sure you have checked the last few days, and if you can't find the letter, you may have to turn to a game based exploit to install Homebrew Channel.

Yeah well, there is. You're actually jailbreaking the wii which means you're unlocking the system to allow copied games to work. The problem is that when I insert the SD card with jailbreak/unlock files(with letterbomb hack) into my wii, then it doesn't detect the letterbomb hack files at all. However, in terms of testing the SD card to see if it works or not, I attempted to put some photos and see if they can be loaded and display. It works fine with the photos.

Now, I'm not too sure how I can fix the problem. I wanna enjoy playing cool games on my wii. I sound kinda desperate here. Please I need some good help. Looking forward to hearing from any of the wii geeks.
January 17, 2012 03:47AM
Did you set the date properly after you formatted the wii?
January 17, 2012 07:22AM
rotten69
Yeah well, there is. You're actually jailbreaking the wii which means you're unlocking the system to allow copied games to work. The problem is that when I insert the SD card with jailbreak/unlock files(with letterbomb hack) into my wii, then it doesn't detect the letterbomb hack files at all. However, in terms of testing the SD card to see if it works or not, I attempted to put some photos and see if they can be loaded and display. It works fine with the photos.
I know this is a bit off-topic, but that's not what jailbreaking is. Allowing "copied games" is not jailbreaking. We here in the Wii Homebrew community don't use the term "jailbreak". Jailbreaking usually refers to iOS devices like iPhones, iPads and whatnot. More recently it has been applied to PlayStaytion 3 modding. Jailbreaking (in the Apple sense of the word) means to allow unsigned apps to run, which I suppose holds true for PS3 and Wii as well as many other devices, but to me Jailbreaking is not for consoles.
January 17, 2012 09:11AM
tueidj
Did you set the date properly after you formatted the wii?

Well, I thought I did. But, when I double checked, I found out the date has been set to 17/01/2011. Now, I found the letterbomb hack in the message board. The hack is still in progress at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 09:54AM by rotten69.
January 17, 2012 09:14AM
bg4545
rotten69
I know this is a bit off-topic, but that's not what jailbreaking is. Allowing "copied games" is not jailbreaking. We here in the Wii Homebrew community don't use the term "jailbreak". Jailbreaking usually refers to iOS devices like iPhones, iPads and whatnot. More recently it has been applied to PlayStaytion 3 modding. Jailbreaking (in the Apple sense of the word) means to allow unsigned apps to run, which I suppose holds true for PS3 and Wii as well as many other devices, but to me Jailbreaking is not for consoles.

Well, Fine then. Use whatever term you would like to use, but I prefer using the term Jailbreaking. Why are we arguing over something pointless? The problem we're to look at is NOT what name we should or should not use.
January 17, 2012 10:56AM
I installed the Home Brew channel on 4.3E wii and did everything I was supposed to do. I also installed a theme through an app called myUnify or something which was applicable only for 4.2 and 4.1 versions. After the installation was complete, I wanted to go to the Wii menu. All my wii was showing me was that a black screen. I have a backup of the factory setting files. I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Is it more of a software or hardware problem? I hope it is not a hardware issue.

Any help please?
January 17, 2012 05:28PM
Are you a complete idiot? Sorry if that seems harsh, but why would you install a 4.2/4.1 theme on 4.3? Unless you were able to install BootMii/boot2, you CANNOT fix your Wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 05:28PM by SifJar.
January 17, 2012 11:58PM
Next time I would advise you to know exactly what you're doing before you do it. As SifJar said, your Wii can't be fixed unless you have BootMii as boot2, or possibly Priiloader (but I doubt you have either of them).
January 18, 2012 07:46AM
To SifJar, What the FUCK are you trying to get to? You have sworn at me like I stole your bloody wii or something. Don't try offending someone without any reason, OK? You easily got pissed off by my UNIQUE AWESOME definition of what jailbreak is and unlocking is. I am NOT asking you for any help AT ALL. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, MR.GENIUS (not), BIG YES to the fact that MY wii can be fixed.

To bg4545, YES I DO HAVE a priiloader installed.
January 18, 2012 06:11PM
If you'd mentioned Priiloader before, that would have been helpful. I think you will also find I never swore at you, and never will. You swore at me on the other hand. And by posting here, you ARE asking for help, right? And I didn't get annoyed about your "definition" of jailbreak, I was just pointing out that it is not a term used in reference to the Wii.

Anyway, seeing as you have Priiloader, what you can do is use MyMenuify to install the base .app you used to build your theme (if you used ThemeMii to make the CSM, it probably downloaded it automatically for you and saved it as something like 0000009a.app. If you used MyMenu to build the CSM, you most likely manually downloaded the base .app and know where it is). Just put it on your SD card the way you would a .CSM theme, and then using MyMenuify install it. This should get your Wii back to normal.

Another option is to get DOP-Mii:WiiBrew Edition and reinstall System Menu 4.3 - I would advise trying to install the base .app with MyMenuify first, that is less risky.
July 16, 2012 03:13PM
YOU 2 just shut up cuz i got the some problem as ROTTEN... exept my wii is version 4.3U
letter bomb
August 01, 2012 04:44AM
I realize every one here has different oppinions on this topic though as myself i have not been able to get the letter with the so called bomb in it on my message bored either. All i want is to hack Monster hunter tri 3 (realy fun online multiplayer game, look it up sometime) and ive tried everything. Ive downloaded all the things it says to download. ive watched 12 videos on how to do all this doing exactly as it says but for some odd reason i get a different outcome. Hmm? weird hu? so if anyone is realy frustrated as is not getting anywere trying to hack there wii, well your not the only one out there.

And if u have a freind who hacked there wii y dont u just barrow there sd card hmm? and if anyone replies to this cussing at me or saying im an idiot im new at stuff like this so go get a life and stop cyber bullying people

Posts merged, childish stuff removed. --bg4545

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2012 07:53AM by bg4545.
August 01, 2012 07:57AM
Follow this guide: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login