Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there a way to fix a semi brick without HBC installed?

Posted by zerinol 
Is there a way to fix a semi brick without HBC installed?
February 01, 2012 05:57PM
I'm trying to fix my friend's wii that is semi bricked due to disc update (probably 4.3), thus I cant access config screen to confirm region and version.
It has eastern characters and has the following url on health screen: "www.nintendo.co.JP/anzen" so i'm assuming it is Japanese

The problem is that, I cant also get his MAC address to use LetterBomb and my Smash Bros disc wont help either, since it doesnt share the same region with the wii. So, is there a way I can install HBC, and them fix this brick?

This wii has a modchip that was probably rendered useless by the update, I can access system menu and its channels, but cant load US region discs and neither the config screen. No traces of bootmii and priiloader neither.
Re: Is there a way to fix a semi brick without HBC installed?
February 01, 2012 06:14PM
SO, is there an alternate way to get mac address, so I can use letterbomb, or something?
February 01, 2012 06:54PM
You could try loading bannerbomb v2 on the off chance it is on 4.2 (I don't know if there even are discs with 4.3? probably are by now I suppose). Otherwise, you'll have to work out what region it is now (presumably the region of whatever disc your friend updated from) and get SSBB from that region (no other exploitable game will work as you need to copy the save game to the Wii, which can't be done without accessing settings) and use Smash Stack.

Also, don't bump your topics after 17 minutes. If there are no replies after 3 or 4 days, you could maybe bump. Other than that, it'll do no good.
February 01, 2012 08:43PM
Sorry, I was not bumping, I forgot to ask about alternate way to get MAC address.

I already tried bannerbomb v2, and it didnt work. It as japanese wii, I could confirm it. And it think it still is, since it cant load us disc.
February 02, 2012 01:57AM
zerinol
Sorry, I was not bumping, I forgot to ask about alternate way to get MAC address.

I already tried bannerbomb v2, and it didnt work. It as japanese wii, I could confirm it. And it think it still is, since it cant load us disc.
there IS an edit button...
February 02, 2012 06:35PM
zerinol

You were bumping because you could have edited.

Anyway, what you need to do then is get a Japanese copy of Brawl.
February 02, 2012 09:08PM
yes, i`m working on it. I will probably have to convert and iso region. Dont know how to get a japanese disc on brazil
February 02, 2012 09:22PM
You import it. We do not support piracy here, and that won't work anyway. You'd need to already have a patched System Menu IOS on the Wii (which you won't, even if you did before the update) AND a modchip (or else a VERY patched System Menu IOS and a similarly patched version of whatever IOS the game uses as well [IOS36 I think]).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login