Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii totally bricked

Posted by albert_ 
wii totally bricked
January 05, 2009 11:00PM
Hallo all,

I have a serious problem with my Wii device

In fact following a wrong guide found in a Italian forum just to remove the updating 3.3E firmware release, I have “bricked my Wii

Basically I followed all the phases forecasted in the guide in the right way without any mistake until the final step.

I replaced “System Menu” , IOS30 and IOS31 by Wad Manager changing the original files with the following:

SystemMenu-v290.wad extracted from Bushing Recovery Disc (wii-System-menu-update-PAL-v290-repar.rar)

IOS30-64-v1040.wad extracted from Bushing Recovery Disc (wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad.rar).

IOS31-64-v1040.wad.out.wad / extracted from the original wiifit game

I have restarted the wii and from that moment was impossible to see anything from my screen that appears completely black

In particular you can notice that my TV indicate “no connection”

Since I have installed wiikey chipset I thought that could be possible recover this situation with the help of “bootme” ma nothing is changed

In addition I checked with several files .ISO containing games or homebrews without any result, my wii device remains disconnected from the TV and the black screen appears

As you can image I’m hopeless and I would like to know if “savemii” can be the right solution in a case like that described above

Please let me know urgently in order to proceed with the purchase of the tool

I’m looking forward to receiving your answers asap

Thanx in advance for your help

Alberto
Re: wii totally bricked
January 06, 2009 05:34PM
Hello again,

of course if you have other solution to resolve my brick situation,
please feel free to add your advice

Alberto
January 07, 2009 09:14AM
i seriousl would help but i hav abolutely no idea about this sorry
January 07, 2009 10:42AM
It's very likely that your system is somehow missing IOS30 or the System Menu.
Did you get any errors when installing those titles? (IOS30 and System Menu)

Edit: If you're missing either of those, Savemii will not help--and your Wii is pretty much dead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 10:43AM by tona.
January 08, 2009 01:24AM
Tona,

no errors appeared when I charged the new files in the box otherwise I would have avoided to switch off the wii......
Anyway no error messages neither now

How I can make sure that one or either the files mentioned above are missing ??

Do u think that changing the mother board I can resolve the problem ??

Jassim, thanx for your interest and solidarity

Alberto
January 09, 2009 10:18PM
Good evening Gentlemen,

by this time I have decided to give up to fix my Wii, but I would like at least to understand where I got wrong

BUSHING, you are one of the most expert guy in this matter, could you explain me/us how this can happens ?
After all the files that I've replaced are a your creation or I'm getting wrong ??

What is the right procedure to follow in order to avoid similar situation, if a procedure exist of course
How you used to replace this files to guarantee certain success

If I have to consider my Wii dead then at least that it needs to something or someone......

I'm waiting for your final response

Thanx in advance for your attention

Alberto
January 12, 2009 02:12AM
Sounds like your bluetooth module went dead. Sometimes they die, and we don't know why. You might try ordering a new one from DX: [www.dealextreme.com]
January 12, 2009 08:57PM
Dear Bushing,

thanx for your advice

What I would like to know is if the replacement of IOS files can cause this kind of crash
I'm asking this because 4 persons has been subjected the same damage
This type of problem could be random in all these 4 cases ??
It seems quite strange, but if you confirm what above I'll proceed to buy the board indicated

I'm looking forward to receiving your answer

Thanx a lot

Alberto
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login