Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brick: Health and Safety Screen Freeze

Posted by KeiroStarr 
Brick: Health and Safety Screen Freeze
April 10, 2012 03:09AM
Hello. I own a Black Wii with 4.3U System Menu. I recently installed a new system menu theme, but when I restarted the wii, the Wii would freeze on the H&S screen, with no possibility of progression. I did not backup my NAND and for some reason, I cannot get BootMii to run on startup. I only have 3 games, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and Cabela's Monster Game Hunter, and none of them worked with the Wii's Recovery Mode. I do not have Preloader, Starfall or Priiloader. Is there anything I can do to fix my Wii?
Re: Brick: Health and Safety Screen Freeze
April 10, 2012 04:52AM
If you do not have boot2 bootmii installed, your only hope is to fix it via Super Smash Bros Brawl. This requires time and money, you need a chip, SSBB pal and a game to load it with. Or you could wait and see if Nintendo every releases another update on disc, probably not likely. It is fixable. For more info on your fix have a look at the methods to fix error: 003 via discswap pwn or mario kart pwns, it is good fun, you'll like it.

You probably wish you had priiloader right now. Perhaps you have boot2 bootmii, that would be nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 04:53AM by mauifrog.
April 10, 2012 05:07AM
I have boot2 BootMii, but I can't get it to load on startup. I have the 3 files in the bootmii folder, but I can't get them to load on startup
April 10, 2012 05:16AM
Perhaps it does not like your sd card, or it needs to be formated. Try a different card, or try formating the card with the panasonic sd formater, or try to get another bootmii folder

bootmii-folder-pal.rar

When you boot the wii with out any sd card, disc, usb, gc stuff, you should be two flashes from the blue led drive light. If you only see one flash you don't have boot2 bootmii.
April 10, 2012 05:20AM
mauifrog
When you boot the wii with out any sd card, disc, usb, gc stuff, you should be two flashes from the blue led drive light. If you only see one flash you don't have boot2 bootmii.

*checks wii* ...f***.

well, I used Smash Stack to install HBC the first time. If I used it again via the recovery menu, would that work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 05:22AM by KeiroStarr.
April 10, 2012 05:26AM
Yes smash stack will work, but you only can run from RM. RM will only load games that are patched to autoboot, these are modified games that require a chip to load. Also ssbb usa will not load from RM when set to autoboot, so you must use ssbb pal. 4.3u will not load ssbb pal because it is out of region game, so you must use swap method. You take a usa game known to work well with swap, like castelvenia or dora or others. You patch it to autoboot, and you patch the title id to match ssbb pal also patched to autoboot. You then boot the usa game and swap to the ssbb pal, then you load smash stack and reinstall system ios and system menu. Fixed.

details are on method error: 003 fix, disk swap, mario kart pwns.

You also need a drive that is compatibe with a chip, or a wode.
April 22, 2012 02:13AM
Thinking about this for a while, but is it possible to set up Priiloader on the SD thru the PC or is it more complicated than that?

EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that if I leave it on, the screen will darken as normal. Pressing any button will brighten the screen again, but that's pretty much it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 02:31AM by KeiroStarr.
April 22, 2012 07:25AM
No, you can only fix it with ssbb-pal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login