Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"System Files Corrupt" after Health and Safety Screen

Posted by racki 
"System Files Corrupt" after Health and Safety Screen
May 07, 2012 11:47PM
Originally Re: How do I completely remove Softmodded Wii to restore to factory default?

I softmodded my wii about 2 years ago on version 4.2u. I cant remember which way I used because it was so long ago. I modded it to use warezloader.wad and warezloader.wad for Wii and Gamecube backups, and the only modifications I have done since then is updating the homebrew channel. I beat a copy of Zelda Syward Sword and at the final cutscene of the game it spit out a disk read error and froze. Now whenever I boot up my Wii I get the safety warning and then the "system files corrupt" error message. I have bootmii on boot2, although I cannot access the HBC from it for some reason. I had a backup of my nand, restored it, and got the same error. I cannot access maintainance mode by pressing +&- on startup. I also tried uninstalling my wads with no luck. I don't know what is causing this weird brick or how to find out what is. My memories on what I have to work with are a little hazy seeing that I havent played with them in 2 years. I ran out of ideas and most forum posts do not apply to me. Is there anyone who can help me unbrick my wii? Even if it has to be completely reformatted. Help if you can I'm out of ideas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 02:40AM by bg4545.
Re: "System Files Corrupt" after Health and Safety Screen
May 10, 2012 07:52PM
Sound like a banner brick... You could try to reinstall HBC with bootmini.elf (Load it from bootmii) [bootmii.org]

~Else

------ Create a fresh nand ------

1. Backup your corrupted nand with Bootmii.

2. Create a new nand from your old nand with this program (Ohneschwanzenegger): [wiibrew.org] (Read this page before using it!)

3. Install the system files with Ohneschwanzenegger by typing 4.3U, 4.3E, 4.3J or 4.3K (firmware). (IOSes, Mios, Bc, System Channels, System menu...)

In the field next to "v" (Leave the first field empty):

Type "4.3U" if you've an/a American/Canadian Wii.

Type "4.3E" if you've an European/Australian Wii.

Type "4.3J" if you've a Japanese Wii.

Type 4.3K if you've a Korean Wii.

(Don't leave this field empty!) (Latest = v518 = 4.3K) (Don't use the latest version if you don't have a Korean Wii!)

e.g
v512=4.3J
v513=4.3U
v514=4.3E
v518=4.3K latest

4. Check the nand you've just created (With NandBinCheck): [wiibrew.org]

5. Restore it with Bootmii... (as boot2)

Warning: Everything will be deleted! (You need to resync your Wiimote/Wii remote after that...)

6. Load bootmini.elf (from bootmii, it won't get uninstalled) [bootmii.org] to reinstall HBC (if it works) or use Letterbomb [wiibrew.org] (You'll need your Wii MAC Address to use Letterbomb)

Edited 26 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2012 07:35PM by Naughx.
Please tell me if my wii is bricked or not
May 11, 2012 07:23PM
i already installed homebrew and i clicked on letterbomb again and then during the "help fight scammmers" page i held the power button and shut off my wii i am not sure if it is bricked can someone please tell me if it is or if it isnt please Urgent pm me or answer on this forum please
Re: Please tell me if my wii is bricked or not
May 11, 2012 07:39PM
Big hint: if you turn it on and it starts up like normal, it's not bricked.
Re: Please tell me if my wii is bricked or not
May 11, 2012 09:30PM
ilya
i already installed homebrew and i clicked on letterbomb again and then during the "help fight scammmers" page i held the power button and shut off my wii i am not sure if it is bricked can someone please tell me if it is or if it isnt please Urgent pm me or answer on this forum please
Unfortunately the PM system no longer works. I'm not sure when it will be fixed.
As tueidj said, your Wii is not bricked. Turning it off on the scam screen won't corrupt your Wii or anything like that.
October 25, 2012 06:30PM
I've got basically the same issue.

I have an unmodded, bone stock, launch day wii. Last year, I turned off the wii and unplugged it to free up a spot to plug in the christmas lights. After I took down all the winter decorations in January, I plugged in the Wii, and started it up. I got the health and warning screen, pressed A, and instead of the channels menu, I got an error saying that system files were corrupt. When I've looked around, most things pointed to this being a banner brick like you said, but from what I've read banner bricks aren't supposed to be repairable without already having a NAND backup, and bootmii installed. What are my options, and if I can restore my Wii, can I have it basically be stock? Essentially, biggest reason I am asking, is I am interested in a Wii U, and would like to transfer my purchases. Right now my options are spend $100 to have Nintendo repair it, just spend the $90 or so to rebuy all the games on the Wii U, or figure out a way to fix this Wii.
October 31, 2012 07:18AM
Turn the wii on, when you get the health screen hold + and -, then press A while holding + and -. If the system menu loads, go to the wii settings, backup any savegames you can't live without to your sd card, then do a system format.

Even better would be to install the HBC and bootmii first, then make a nand backup, and get priiloader installed just in case the format makes things worse. That is what I would do.

Most likely you have a corrupted message board, which the format should fix for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 07:20AM by mauifrog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login