Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black screen, no BootMii or Priiloader

Posted by NintendoBoy 
Black screen, no BootMii or Priiloader
August 28, 2012 01:22PM
I press the power button, disc drive doesn't anything, there's a black screen. I haven't installed any apps on my HBC. Not BootMii/Priiloader either. I guess this proves that installing the Homebrew Channel bricks Wiis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 09:34PM by bg4545.
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
August 28, 2012 02:30PM
CURSE YOU, NINTENDO!
August 28, 2012 07:32PM
Simply installing HBC cannot brick your Wii. It never has before, and almost certainly never will. Either you did something else after installing HBC (what all apps have you run? list every single app you have run), or the Wii is not actually bricked. Unplug it, leave it a few minutes, then plug it in again and try turning on. Check all video cables are connected correctly.

If there is still no signal, try turning the Wii on using the wii remote. If the power light doesn't come on after pushing the power button on the remote (but does when pushing the power button on the console itself), the bluetooth module is broken; this is a hardware issue which in your case may have coincidently coincided with installing HBC.

If you have a GC controller, plug it into the 4th port and hold down all four directions on the d-pad (this is called the "SaveMiiFrii"). If the screen shows your System Menu version in the bottom right corner, chances are you have a banner or theme brick, from installing a bad custom channel or bad custom theme.
August 28, 2012 08:46PM
SifJar
Simply installing HBC cannot brick your Wii. It never has before, and almost certainly never will. Either you did something else after installing HBC (what all apps have you run? list every single app you have run), or the Wii is not actually bricked.

I just clicked "Exit" after installing HBC. Also, I didn't run any apps. No apps were installed on my HBC.

SifJar
If the screen shows your System Menu version in the bottom right corner, chances are you have a banner or theme brick, from installing a bad custom channel or bad custom theme.

That couldn't have happened. I don't have CustomiseMii or MyMenuify.
Re: Black screen, no BootMii or Priiloader
August 28, 2012 09:37PM
First of all, use more descriptive topic titles.
Is the Power LED on? if it's not then you've got other issues. If it is, what happens when you turn on the Wii? does it turn green?
What process did you go through to install the HBC? Describe everything you did.
August 29, 2012 10:46AM
bg4545
First of all, use more descriptive topic titles.
Is the Power LED on? if it's not then you've got other issues. If it is, what happens when you turn on the Wii? does it turn green?
What process did you go through to install the HBC? Describe everything you did.

The Power LED is on, but when I click the Power button, nothing happens. The Power LED doesn't change colour, the Wii disc drive LED doesn't do anything, and there's a black screen. I used Letterbomb to install HBC on my 4.3E Wii. On the HackMii Installer, I just installed HBC, I didn't notice BootMii.
August 29, 2012 11:44AM
What colour is the power LED? If it's yellow, the Wii is still turned on, and so of course pushing the button will do nothing.

Did you try my suggestion of unplugging it for a few minutes and then trying again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2012 11:45AM by SifJar.
August 29, 2012 12:02PM
SifJar
What colour is the power LED? If it's yellow, the Wii is still turned on, and so of course pushing the button will do nothing.

Green.

SifJar
Did you try my suggestion of unplugging it for a few minutes and then trying again?

I'll try it, thanks.
August 30, 2012 07:48PM
NintendoBoy
Green.
Yeah, it's still switched on. (It's a sort of green/yellow colour, which is why I said yellow before). If you actually turn it off and then turn it on again, it'll probably work absolutely fine. So no, this does not prove that installing the Homebrew Channel bricks Wiis.
August 31, 2012 09:52AM
Ok, thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login