Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SaveMii and System Menu 2.0

Posted by cwic9174 
January 07, 2009 04:40PM
I need help on how to use the boot me tool. I have a wii that is bricked by supersmash bros current 2.0u firmware then update by this game supersmash bros. I bought a savemii hardware but the greenlight won't turn on. but then i found this link right through google I downloaded wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.rar to extract the " wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.iso " but then i don't know how to use the bootme.exe please help .. thnx cwic
January 09, 2009 07:41PM
1. rename wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.iso as menu32.iso (just to type less in the command prompt)
2. copy menu32.iso to c:\
3. copy the bootme.exe to the c:\
4. go to start->run, type cmd and press enter
5. type
c:\bootme menu32.iso a
and press enter...

alternatively... you can open the iso in an editor that has large file support and hex mode like ultraedit... and change the first character to 0 (ascii) or 30 (hexadecimal)... that's what bootme does actually.. it just changes the first byte of the iso

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 07:41PM by WiiCrazy.
January 13, 2009 06:22AM
thanks alot will
January 13, 2009 06:52AM
tried but it doesn't work i have a 2.0u firmware brick by SMBB pal... when i put in savemii red light is on, but no greenlight... what should i do?

also power button light is amber green not red when i shut the wii console off ... please help??
January 13, 2009 07:05AM
and also what kind of update system menu should i use pal or ntsc my wii console is ntsc usa....I have 2.0u firmware brick by SMBB pal... and when i put the savemii redlight is on, but no green light..... what should i do...

and when i turn off my power button, the light on the power button is amber green......
January 14, 2009 04:56PM
Did you hold the power button, or did you just press it..

Press = Amber green Light

Hold = Red Light
January 14, 2009 09:04PM
Hold the power button till the light turns to red... if you just press it wii goes to stand by mode for wiiconnect24 stuff.. in that mode you can't boot into recovery mode....

better do this... (just for the sake of better explanation)...
while savemii plugged...
1. Insert the autoboot disc into the drive
2. turn off the power (remove the power cable plugged to the wii)
3. turn on the wii (plug the power cable and press power button)

By the way d2ckey and it's clones I guess mess with the autoboot feature... if you have one of those chips then it may not work...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 09:05PM by WiiCrazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login