Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there a fix to my problem? Cannot find any info.

Posted by Surrealist 
Is there a fix to my problem? Cannot find any info.
December 26, 2012 08:21PM
Hello all - here's my problem. I have a launch Wii (bought it day 1) and I've had it softmodded for about 2 years now using Indiana Pwns. Everything has been hunky dory and I've never had the slightest problems, however a week or two ago I was trying to play a SNES rom via Snes9x Gx and when I went to plug a Gamecube controller in the system died. It just all went black as if there were a short of some kind. Ever since then I cannot get the Wii to start at all.

I have two different power bricks (both official Nintendo products) and have done the brick cycle trick to no avail. The problem seems somewhat unique and I cannot find any specific info on it by googling around. I made a short video showing what exactly happens - you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNono0IotA&feature=youtu.be

Basically when plugged in the power indicator is red, when you press the power button the indicator goes green and the disc tray lights up blue for about one second then the system just dies. If you cycle the power the same thing occurs. I cannot get it to do anything else besides this.

So, is this a brick? if so what kind of brick? If it isn't necessarily a brick does anyone have any ideas on how to go about repairing it? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

What happens when your Wii boots up? (How far it gets, does the Wii remote work, does the system freeze, go black, etc.)Nothing, Wii will not boot at all.

What Version of the System Menu is installed on the Wii?
- I'd say 4.1

Is the Homebrew Channel, the Twilight Hack, Indiana Pwns, Yu-Gi-Oh Exploit, Smash Stack, Bathaxx, Return of the Jodi, or Eri HaKawai installed on the system?
- Homebrew channel via Indiana Pwns

Does your Wii have a Drivechip?
No, softmodded only

Have you been able to boot homebrew in any way?
No

Do you have BootMii/boot2 or Preloader (Priiloader) installed?
no.

Thank you for reading!
Re: Is there a fix to my problem? Cannot find any info.
December 26, 2012 09:34PM
Sounds like some hardware fault, highly unlikely it is related in any way to homebrew, seeing as you were running a SNES emulator at the time. Sadly, Nintendo aren't too keen on fixing Wiis with homebrew. You could send it in in the hopes they won't notice, but if they do they may charge you extra or refuse to fix it (if they try to charge you extra, you should be able to have them just send it back without repair).
December 27, 2012 06:21PM
Thanks for the reply, I was assuming it was a hardware failure as well - guess I'll crack it open and see if there is anything obviously amiss with the omponents.
January 09, 2013 05:32AM
You should try to do savemiifrii, see if that will load the recovery menu. Have a look at the recovery options on savemii.net, they are outdated but can be used as a general guide.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login