Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restoring Wii after Factory Reset...without uninstalling softmod first

Posted by Kathryn1909 
Restoring Wii after Factory Reset...without uninstalling softmod first
January 09, 2013 02:30AM
Our Wii was reset to factory settings without having softmod removed first, I have read a similar post on this board but has not seemed to resolve my issue. I am not really sure what I am looking for to repair this. The HBC is gone due to the format, but now error code 32004 so it is obviously not updating. The Wii is turning on, but no updates and no games can be played. I will be checking the SD card in the morning, but if I could have some hints on what to do next to get this up and running it would be great. We actually sold it and the person is returning it to us to fix it, but I was not the one that soft-modded it so need some assistance reversing this. Even if I can get it updated to version 4.3 I can load letterbomb on it and let it go from there....help :)?!
Re: Restoring Wii after Factory Reset...without uninstalling softmod first
January 09, 2013 08:05AM
What version of the Wii software are you on at the moment?
Do you have Bootmii/Boot2 installed? If you remove the SD card and the DVD drive flashes when you start up the Wii, you do.
January 10, 2013 02:55AM
Version: 4.1U
And yes have BootMii.
January 10, 2013 08:03AM
Then you can use Bannerbomb v1 and the Hackmii installer or Bootmii and the MINI version of the Hackmii Installer to reinstall the Homebrew Channel.
Then, you can run [wiibrew.org] and give us a report to help fix the problem.
January 10, 2013 11:40AM
Don't bother with what metroid_maniac said (or at least, not yet), it probably wouldn't help in the slightest.

Turn your Wii on holding reset while you do so. This should hopefully bring up the Priiloader menu. In this menu, navigate into settings and then system menu hacks, and disable everything you see there. Once you've done that, updates should hopefully work, so do an update, and that should probably fix your problems.
January 10, 2013 05:59PM
SifJar
Don't bother with what metroid_maniac said (or at least, not yet), it probably wouldn't help in the slightest.

Thank you, should have thought of that.
January 10, 2013 11:17PM
Updates still wouldnt work, but I was able to use DOP-Mii to update to 4.2U...I now have wii shopping channel...but that needs to be updated in order to work...which won't work because still getting error 32004. Can I manually update shopping channel via SD? Or can I update to 4.3U via SD from somewhere? The person buying this basically wants to be able to play the newest wii games and use Netflix...I just need to get it to that point.
January 10, 2013 11:27PM
dop-Mii can update most things to their latest revisions, including System Menu and Shop Channel as far as I know.

But I can't understand why you're getting that error if it's not priiloader... :/
January 10, 2013 11:45PM
I have got Shopping Channel to v20, but when I go to open it tells me that there is a system update that has to be done, when I try updating to v4.3u then I get the 32004 error again...everything is disabled and seems fine on the priiloader side.

Is there something else I should be checking for on priiloader?

Any chance reinstalling HBC will make this easier?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2013 11:52PM by Kathryn1909.
July 27, 2013 04:46PM
I have a similar problem:
My system update crushed down on error 32017 but my version went up to 4.3U previously 4.0U.
I can't get to Priiloader menu and wii does not want to read SD, No HBC.
SD->( have 3 different all of them work on the second wii in the other room)
July 27, 2013 11:21PM
Try reinstall Homebrew using letterbomb sense your running 4.3. I don't know why that error occurs doe.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 06:45AM by syc20099.
July 30, 2013 02:57PM
I wish I could,I tried wiibrand & letterbomb, no success. Can't see the letter in the massage board. I've checked every little detail like, date of the calender / different SD 2 Gb-Fat 32 / Mac address etc etc. The console is not able to play games from disc, but I could download Internet & You-tube channel.
July 31, 2013 01:00AM
Try format system memory.
July 31, 2013 06:40AM
If you can, try to get a System Menu 4.3 wad from the NCUS Downloader or whatever it's called. Then, if you can, try to see if you can run the HBC Channel and download it.
August 01, 2013 12:29AM
I did format system memory in a desperate attempt when the update failed. I guess formatting system memory leads to bad IOSes and that's why Priiloader does not work.
Skymin50 :// I'll come back to you about system menu loader. I just don't see how to install system menu WAD when SD does not load any information.
Pressing or holding reset button doesn't get me to Priiloader menu, any idea? How else you get to Priiloader menu?

I could just throw it out but I'm just curious and thought it might help others in the future.
Because it looks like Nintendo obviously tries to damage consoles with their little "update".
It bricks working hardware and not good for the consumers nor for the environment.
If the greedy corporate didn't have to make 100:1 gain on the games people wouldn't bother softmodding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 12:30AM by craving.
August 01, 2013 12:39AM
By now I am very sure it has something to with the wii-console not reading from SD-slot. For someone not having a smart-TV you could use this wii only for internet and you-tube ;-) I would call it semi brick!

1:-What ever you do, DO NOT PERFORM FORMAT SYSTEM MEMORY on a modded wii!!!
August 01, 2013 01:31AM
Then send it to Nintendo to repair.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login