Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii bricked, cause unknown, HELP!

Posted by blahblahblah 
Wii bricked, cause unknown, HELP!
April 15, 2013 01:49PM
My wii stopped working while my sister was playing it. Now there's only a black screen when i try to open the system menu. I tried accessing Priiloader which was installed before but i cant. However, bootmii still works and i can still access the homebrew channel from it. The system menu doesnt work through bootmii though. I tried restoring the NAND memory with a backed up copy i made a year or two ago but it says that the file is corrupt. I have no idea what to try from here....
Re: Wii bricked, cause unknown, HELP!
April 15, 2013 05:52PM
It may be a hardware failure. Does pressing the power button on the Wii Remote turn on the Wii?
April 16, 2013 11:20AM
uhh no. yeah now that u mention it, the remote doesnt connect to the wii at all
April 16, 2013 05:58PM
There's your problem. There is a hardware failure.
Unless you can fix it yourself, your only option is to send it to Nintendo.
April 20, 2013 04:36AM
Possibly the bluetooth module. However if the bt module went bad priiloader would still work, also savemiifrii will load the recovery menu. So test priiloader again, turn the wii off, hold reset, turn the wii on and keep holding reset. Also if you have a gc controller you may like to test savemiifrii. One other thing to test bt module, which may not work with other hardware issue. Download [www.mediafire.com] have a look at the readme. Basically you replace ppcboot.elf with one of the channel forwarders. This will load those channels via bootmii. If the channel loads your bt module is working fine, and you should be able to sync your wiimotes.

Other common hardware issues- wifi module and dvd drive. Also could be anything bad on the mainboard, which can minic such symtoms.

It possibly could be a corrupt nand. Load bootmii and make a new nand backup of the bricked wii. Then check the backup with nandbincheck, run from the shell console.
nandbincheck nand.bin -all -vvv
http://www.mediafire.com/?9778sgmybexww1o
Nandbincheck will scan your nand.bin for erros. If the nand img is bad it should be staight forward. Post the output of nandbincheck here and we can have a look at it if you like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login