Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how will I unbrick my wii?

Posted by mahdi 
how will I unbrick my wii?
May 13, 2013 03:49AM
My wii 4.3u is bricked. I turned my wii menu from white to black with mymenuify but when I turned off my wii and turned it back on, there was a black screen. The console was working because the light turned green and their were sounds. I did a ton of research. Savemii wouldn't work because my wii doesn't have a gamecube slot. I have downloaded bootmii but I downloaded the wrong version so that sucks. So, I thought maybe I could download bootmii as boot2 ( I'll use my MAC address on letterbomb ) on my friends wii and my sd card. After I do some protection things on bootmii on my friends wii and save bootmii to my sd card and put it ( sd card ) in my bricked wii, I'll see bootmii right away on my wii and fix it. Will this work? If not, are there any FREE ways to unbrick my wii. If not, tell me anything you can. I NEED MY WII FIXED! please!
Re: how will I unbrick my wii?
May 13, 2013 05:14AM
Yeah, none of that stuff will work for you. BootMii does not only come from the SD card, it has to be installed on your Wii for it to run. If you couldn't install it as boot2 then you will not be able to do so now. If you don't have Priiloader installed either then you won't be able to fix it.
May 13, 2013 11:01PM
What will I do. Is their something else you can do with a sd card. Does an auto boot disc work. I need help! Oh, also I backed up my wii with bootmii iOS. Will that do anything good?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 11:05PM by mahdi.
May 13, 2013 11:12PM
An auto boot disc would only work if (1) your Wii's DVD drive was old enough to load DVD-Rs (2) your system menu IOS was patched with the trucha bug, and (3)you had a way to load "savemii" which requires GC ports.
Since you have a BootMii as IOS dump of your bricked Wii's nand, you could possibly send your Wii to someone who can flash the nand chip manually with a working system dump.
May 14, 2013 11:15PM
Will NAND flashers work? Unlike save mii, they go in the USB port of the wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2013 11:15PM by mahdi.
May 15, 2013 03:39AM
I have another idea. I can take off the NAND flasher or NAND chip from my wii. Then, I would replace my friends wii NAND flasher with mine. Then, I would install bootmii and backup my NAND. Finally, I would put my NAND flasher or chip back to my wii , and expect bootmii to appear by holding the reset button or I'll see my wii menu. Also, I can use priiloader instead of bootmii. Will this work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2013 03:54AM by mahdi.
May 15, 2013 07:18AM
Since I'm guessing you probably don't own any of the required tools to do that, it would be cheaper (and safer for your friends) if you just bought a used wii.
May 15, 2013 01:53PM
mahdi
Will NAND flashers work? Unlike save mii, they go in the USB port of the wii.
No they don't. They get soldered directly to the NAND chip inside the Wii. (There may be some solderless ones which clip on, but they still need to be attached to the NAND chip inside the Wii, meaning the Wii must be disassembled).
May 18, 2013 01:55AM
Will it be cheaper if I just bought a new nand chip for my wii? Will this work? Or should I use betwiin to do some stuff with my NAND chip? Will this work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 02:18AM by mahdi.
May 18, 2013 02:43AM
As tueidj said, it would be cheaper to buy a used Wii. Yours is gone.
May 19, 2013 12:43AM
Read this, [Link Removed]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2013 01:09AM by tueidj.
May 19, 2013 01:10AM
Link removed. That is not a "FREE way to unbrick" your wii and this forum isn't to be used for advertising.
From the sounds of things you don't even have keys for your wii. It is D.E.A.D., dead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login