Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tried to fix semi-bricked Wii, ended up getting odd screen

Posted by Skymin50 
Tried to fix semi-bricked Wii, ended up getting odd screen
July 29, 2013 12:53AM
A while ago, I bricked my Wii's Setting menu, so I recently tried to fix it by installing the latest system menu and the Region Checker from NUSD.

It seems to have fixed itself, however, whenever I enter the Settings menu, I get the borders of the Settings menu but taken up by a white screen with 3 black dots on it.

I'm not sure how to fix this and re-gain acess to the Internet Settings, so if someone could help I'd appreciate it greatly.
Thanks.
Re: Tried to fix semi-bricked Wii, ended up getting odd screen
July 30, 2013 01:39AM
I tried re-installing System Menu 4.03 but it didn't fix anything, so I'm not sure how to fix this screen.
July 30, 2013 01:54AM
What did you do before you got this brick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 01:54AM by syc20099.
July 30, 2013 04:27AM
syc20099
What did you do before you got this brick?

I don't know what I did to cause the brick, and I can't entirely recall it at all.
July 30, 2013 04:54AM
I found the app that can manage system settings. It's called "Settings Editor GUI". Check out here [webrewwii.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2013 04:59AM by syc20099.
July 30, 2013 05:27AM
syc20099
I found the app that can manage system settings. It's called "Settings Editor GUI". Check out here [webrewwii.blogspot.com]

I was able to download this, however, when I went to "Exit to Internet Settings" it took me directly to the white screen with black dots.
July 31, 2013 01:04AM
Did you try to install latest system menu, which is 4.3 using DOP-Mii? Well, your not connected to the internet, you can use NUS downloader to download system menu titles.
July 31, 2013 04:44AM
syc20099
Did you try to install latest system menu, which is 4.3 using DOP-Mii? Well, your not connected to the internet, you can use NUS downloader to download system menu titles.

I did use NUS Downloader, and I did download 4.3.
July 31, 2013 11:25PM
So did you install it to your wii?
August 01, 2013 01:39AM
There are no Settings homebrew apps which can change internet settings, so they just redirect to the Wii Menu settings.
You need to try installing the System Menu again.
December 09, 2013 12:03PM
I'm facing the same problem for last many years. I just couldnt find any solution to it. I think I tried to connect my Wii to the internet and I changed the region to India. Or I could have played some pirated game/other region game (mine was softmod). That time I was not aware that Wii is region locked.

Setting shows 3 dots on a white screen, and now I've to start the game from another side loaded software and cannot save any progress (not even players) (I took my Wii to the market that sells and repairs all types of gaming consoles and they loaded 4.3 and homebrew etc). I totally lost interest in Wii and finally bought Wii U last week.

My Wii is European Region (I guess) and my Wii U is US. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I dont brick my Wii U, i'm just extra careful that I buy only specific region games and not change any internet setting and no softmods...

Still I would want my Wii to Work. It's awesome console and is in very good condition and it hurts to see it go to waste... Any help would be appreciated. Is there any original game that load/reset the Wii to factory setting??
January 03, 2014 11:46PM
Try using Format System in setting (assuming you have access to that) or try Comex's NAND Fotmatter. I can't give instructions on how to use that, maybe the more experienced members can help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login