Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disc Channel Will not load normally

Posted by Foxfan12 
Disc Channel Will not load normally
September 02, 2013 08:07PM
Either Dop Mii or the CIOs installer messed me up. In any case, I can still run discs from Riivolution, but not the normal way. If I try to load a disc from the disc channel I go to a black screen. What can I do?
Re: Disc Channel Will not load normally
September 04, 2013 04:38PM
Run a system update from the Wii Settings. This should fix your problems. If you get an error, make sure to disable any Priiloader hacks you have enabled first.
December 12, 2013 11:23PM
Actually, I'm having the exact same problem as Fox. I think I updated ios 246-250, 236 to v6, and put in ios 58 so the newest HBC could run, so I'm not sure which ios is the issue. Is it really safe for me to update from 4.1U to the newest one? I've been blocking updates for a long time now, so forgive me if I'm a bit apprehensive.

Edit: Fixed! Apparently it's a cabling issue. I was using component cables to my HDTV and I guess the wii sometimes has problems recognizing the settings or the cable upon start up with games. I switched to my crt with the composite cable and it boots the games again. For anyone who is having the same problem:

1. Turn off and unplug the wii, allso unplug the power cord (it might help) for 2 minutes.
2. Put everything back, switch to 480i and 4:3, boot game.
3. If it boots, go back and switch to 480p and 16:9. It should work again

To sifJar, I would still like to know if it's safe to update, for future refence. Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2013 11:48PM by Dream_Magus.
December 13, 2013 09:56PM
It's ALWAYS safe to update.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login