Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freezeing Wii...kind of wierd..!!

Posted by ether2802 
Freezeing Wii...kind of wierd..!!
January 16, 2009 06:49AM
Ok, I bought a damaged Wii, knowing it has this problem (kind of thought it could be something easy to fix), so when I turn on the Wii, it goes normal to the MainMenu, and I can change page on the menu, I can go to the Wii Settings, I can insert a disc after the Main menu has started (not before or black screen) and it displays the banner on the Disc Channel, but I just can't enter into any channel, I can't even point at any factory channel or it will freeze, so there is no way I can even install the HBC in it, if I pull the SaveMii free it displays the 3.4USA, so the main menu it is working, but if I insert any game, it'll go to a black screen, and nothing then, there is a noise when entering into the settings, and it gets louder as I go farther into the settings, when it freezes the Wiimote doesn't desync, it still has the blue light ON, the unit hasn't been chiped, and I was thinking if someone knows more about it, like:

Can it be a hardware failure??
Given the circunstances, I don't know if it's allowed to ask this here but, can an infectus2 help me??

1)So resuming the Wii gets frozen when point at any title channel
2)The unit is on 3.4U
3)The DVD drive works but can enter into the channel (lol)
4)Noise in the settings and louder as I go deeper
5)No HBC installed :ยด(
6)SaveMii free does work but black screen after inserting a disc

A video showing how it behave: [youtube.com]
Any help would be really apreciated...!!!
Re: Freezeing Wii...kind of wierd..!!
January 16, 2009 06:57AM
Can't be a missing IOS as you updated....and that installs them all...so no idea from me, sorry.
January 16, 2009 04:50PM
The people who selled to me told me that this begins after they bought Wii Fit, at the very next day the Wii started to do this, but they at least can still run games, but it went down-down-down 'till they can't even enter a channel, and that's when they started to selling the unit for repair parts (wich I am going to do if it can't be soft fixed, lol), I've even opened the unit and everything seems normal, there isn't any inside damaged (at simple sight), and I'm thinking that at some point the update went wrong and that's what is causing the freezeing, but hence the Wii is at 3.4 already, nus tell me that there isn't any new update and that is why it doesn't let any new IOS gets inserted, just a theory...!!!
January 18, 2009 10:48PM
Did you try the maintenance menu and formatting?

On one case, if a wii receives a bulky message from a friend it may cause random freezes just like you mentioned... give it a go...

[forum.wiibrew.org]
[gbatemp.net]

edit: hmm, format option should also be in the normal mode setting menu I guess... so no need to go into maintenance menu...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2009 10:52PM by WiiCrazy.
January 20, 2009 06:35AM
Yep I've done that several times now, in maintenance mode or not, I forgot to say that the EULA have like a little dots, and if I press down on the d-pad, they kind of multiply, and now I've tested a little further and discovered that on the configurations -> sound, if I press A over any option it'll also freeze (on maintenance mode or not), and the screen saver still works, the Wiimote de-sync but I can press A and sync it again even if it's freezed, like if some part of the sysmenu is still working, just not the image/sound part.......ahhh I think I'm gettin' closer...!!! : )

January 21, 2009 02:56AM
This should be able to be fixed I think when 3.5 and a game that has it comes out.
January 25, 2009 03:03PM
I have 2 Wii that do this and i think one of them had Wii fit on it

What a bug

We need to clear out the ios and system menu there is a big bug here

BOOTMII we need you lol
January 26, 2009 07:03AM
pspmte
I have 2 Wii that do this and i think one of them had Wii fit on it

What a bug

We need to clear out the ios and system menu there is a big bug here

BOOTMII we need you lol

Hey the lady who selled me told me that all began when they used WiiFit, so I think we are on the same channel, lol, I'm glad I didn't buy it last year when it just came out...!!!
May 29, 2009 05:56PM
Well just an update, when 4.0 came out, I did the WiFi update and now it is just stuck at the HEALTH screen but the press A image that blinks, never shows up, so I guess this time that now it is a useless unity...!! :(
May 29, 2009 05:58PM
So the health warning screen never times out?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login