Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Playing with a semi bricked wii

Posted by captaindd 
Playing with a semi bricked wii
January 19, 2009 11:59PM
I updated my uc with "starwars clone wars", setting is gone and there is a bizzare date under the clock on the main page.
Is it safe to keep playing with my semi bricked wii and not fixing it? dosen't it result to a full brick?
Re: Playing with a semi bricked wii
January 20, 2009 01:14AM
You should remain fine for playing purposes. What is your system version? If it is lower than 3.4 just rent a Wii game that has a newer update and, well, update so your wii is back to normal.
January 20, 2009 04:16AM
I wouldn't. It's fairly easy to slip into a full brick.
January 20, 2009 07:39AM
How can it slip into a full brick? just with playing or if I try to fix it?
I had 3.0 uc and i think it is now 3.3. there is a date under the clock in main page that is showing some thing like this: "1mon 20 sun mon tue" !
January 20, 2009 11:35PM
ok there is a 0.0001% chance of fully bricking your wii if you simply just play games without trying to fix it in any way. if you really dont care about the settings then you may as well leave it as it is until you actually need the settings.

I THINK that you can slip into a full brick by trying to fix it because (remember im not sure about this) since you updated from another region, your nintendo wiis firmware is of slightly mixed regions, for example say i updated US brawl on my 3.1E which results in a semi-brick , thatll take me to 3.2E/U and now since its not fully 3.2E or fully 3.2U and i want it to be just 3.2E, the only way i would do this is by getting a game with a 3.3E update to (since you cant update without accessing the settings). (NOTE HERES THE PAT IM UNSURE OF) since your wiis firmware is of mixed region the update might fully brick your wii since its a 3.3E update and your on 3.2E/U and bricks come from doing an update from a different region, like my previous example, i was on 3.1E and i done a 3.2U update, the two firmwares clashed together therefore making the settings inaccessible (i think its cos thats where you see your firmware).

what ive said is likely to be a load of rubbish so can a pro correct me where im wrong please, if im completely wrong lemme know please, thanks
January 21, 2009 05:04PM
It wasnt 3.3. it was 3.2b j and i fiex it with "NTSC Semi-brick fix disc" (wii-system-menu-update-USA-v289-repad.rar)
everything seems ok.
But, my question is if some one for any reason can't fix it for sometimes (waiting for next game disk with updates,...) is it safe to just play with games that had no problem before on that wii, until he fixes it (it took a long time for coming of games with 3.4 update on disks) or it's better to leave the play for after fixing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 05:35PM by captaindd.
January 21, 2009 10:25PM
completely fine but just make sure your careful when games give you updates if you have a semi brick and also be careful with applications like anyregion changer or downgrader
February 17, 2009 05:51AM
I think the only way to fix it will be installing the IOS50 and the SysMenu 3.4 (also MIOSv8 and BCv? <--latest) thru Wad Manager, just like the repair disc from hackMii do for 3.1 users, you need to contact some one with HBC and 3.4 firmware willing (and capable) to pack and send you those .wad files...!! :)
February 20, 2009 11:07AM
the above method is illegal in the sense you are spreading illegal wads
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login