Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked wii. Only the savemii's red LED stays on.

Posted by matrhint 
Bricked wii. Only the savemii's red LED stays on.
January 30, 2009 03:48AM
I have bricked my wii by pressing the power button durring an update. Now when I turn it on it has the black screen. I bought savemii to fix it. When i use savemii the red LED stayes on and no green LED ever comes on. What does this mean?
Re: Bricked wii. Only the savemii's red LED stays on.
January 30, 2009 06:36AM
To clarify, the savemii red light is the one that stays red and does not turn on another led. It does not seem to change the function of the wii any. Is there any chance that I have not only a malfunctioning wii, and have a faulty savemii as well? I was running v2.2 before the wii bricked. I turned off the wii during an update from the SSBB disk. I had an wasabi mod chip installed, but when the wii malfunctioned I removed the mod. The chip was damaged after being removed (it got knocked into the floor and then got stepped on). I am hoping there is a way of repairing the wii.
January 30, 2009 08:30PM
what hppens when you turn ur wii on without savemii
January 31, 2009 06:24AM
When I turn my wii on without the savemii dongle inserted in the gamecube memory port, the wii operated the same--having a black screen and nothing else. If you press A button you can't hear any sound, which makes me think that it isn't a video problem. And if I press the power on button on the remote, the wii turns on, so the bluetooth is not the problem. The DVD ejects and accepts a DVD and makes noise like it is doing something but nothing ever happens.

So here is what happens without the savemii:
I turn on the wii and the red light on the wii turns green. The TV remains black as though it does not have a signal going to it (because it probably doesn't).

With the savemii:
Same as above but the red light remains lit and no green light ever lights up.
March 11, 2009 03:12AM
It seems that the problem was in the motherboard itself. I sent it off to big N and they replaced the motherboard and now all is well. I hope that helps out anyone with a no video or sound on power up problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login