Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii no video no sound... wii die? brick?

Posted by triple_h 
wii no video no sound... wii die? brick?
February 17, 2009 02:09AM
hi all;

here is my story:
I think my wii is about 2 years old. it has 3.4E installed, homebrew channel and it's mod with wiikey1 with 1.9s firmware. every thing worked great.
today I have playing some wii game about 1hour...30min later I want to play again, it gives me black screen, no video and sound. I dubbel check the connection. every thing looks fine. I can still eject and inser disc, also I hear it spinning, that means the dvd drive works fine.

strange thing is, I can't power on the wii with the " power button" ( I can hear a little " tick tick"noise coming form the wii). I can only power on by "eject button" and I do can shut the wii down with the "power button". I just can't boot up the wii.

can some one tell me what the problem is? can I fix this issue?

thank you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 02:43AM by triple_h.
Re: wii no video no sound... wii die? brick?
February 17, 2009 02:20AM
its definitly a hardware problem, your bluetooth dongle MIGHT be broken but i dont know too much about that, sorry.
February 17, 2009 02:28AM
I've edited out what you posted that breaches forum rules so that you may keep your topic.
February 20, 2009 11:13PM
I found on web "savemiifrii". I can see 3.4(EUR) right below on screen... can I do something with this? can I recover 3.4E??

thanks
February 20, 2009 11:41PM
That means you can save your Wii if you insert a disc with a firmware higher than 3.4. Right now, none exist. Wait though, I guarantee you they will exist soon.
February 21, 2009 01:39AM
so, no hardware broking? according this
February 21, 2009 09:46AM
probably bluetooth then
December 21, 2010 11:18PM
Hi all,

I am having the exact some problem, I haven't tried the savemiifrii method (using the gamecube controller), but assuming that I can get that working, following the flowchart, how does one replace the bluetooth or wifi module?

Thanks in advance,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login