Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What am i missing out on With 3.4

Posted by gearhead31 
What am i missing out on With 3.4
March 04, 2009 10:07PM
If i keep 3.4 what can and cant i install all i really want to do is use Gecko for cheats( to get really annoying stuff thats hard to get) and then be able ro use emulators to play old school games. Final thing will i be able to get Wiiware for free?

If not and im missing out on any what can i do
Re: What am i missing out on With 3.4
March 04, 2009 10:16PM
In short: Youre missing out on piracy. If thats a problem, you shouldnt be here.
March 05, 2009 12:17AM
If im missing out on piracy i have no problem i dont want to pirate lol
March 05, 2009 12:31AM
gearhead31
Final thing will i be able to get Wiiware for free?
Thats piracy btw.
March 05, 2009 01:11AM
yea i was jsut wodnering if i was able to i dont want to have to risk downgradin just to pirate i meant
March 06, 2009 04:29AM
You can do all that stuff on 3.4...except pirate WiiWare games. Seriously, go get some cash and buy them, they're not that expensive.
March 06, 2009 02:36PM
Personally I had 3.4 and it doesn't just block out pirateing games

it blocks:
dvdx... until dvdx 3.4 thank God
Wad Manager
ios downgrader

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL ANYTHING IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM ON YOUR WII!

plus priating wiiware is in good sport because... THEIR SO CHEAP THE COMPANYS ARN"T LOOSN TONS OF MONEY
March 06, 2009 09:13PM
This topic is getting out of hand now, so let mine be the definitive judgement on the matter.

3.4 basicaly patches many exploits that hackers (us) used to write apps for the Wii. Thus, beta 1 one of the twilight hack no longer works, you can no longer install a cIOS, and dvdx was down for a bit because its installer used the patched exploits beta 1 used. Other popular applications (like Gecko OS) also lose some functionality on 3.4 (going with the gecko os example, gecko os can no longer reboot with hooks on 3.4).

Since this topic is getting a little out of hand now (see the above post), I'm locking this one up. (Normally I would also give an anti-piracy rant before lockup but I'm not in the mood today :p)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.