Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can I run homebrew with 4.3e Wii Menu?

Posted by smurff30 
Can I run homebrew with 4.3e Wii Menu?
January 09, 2009 01:21PM
Can anyone tell me before i try and install homebrew if it is compatble with 4.3e update as i let Nintendo update my system before i heard about homebrew

Thanks....
Re: Can I run homebrew with 4.3e Wii Menu?
January 09, 2009 03:30PM
4.3 ... I hope your talking about 3.4

If so... then yes you can install homebrew on 3.4

goto wiibrew.org

and follow the instructions on that page.. and be sure where it sais to download the twilight hack.. (link given on that page)

be sure to download the one that sais 3.4...

but that is only if you have 3.4

i've never heard of a 4.3 fw
January 09, 2009 04:25PM
Apologise in advance, it more than likely will be a read error on my part....

How do i check what version is installed on my wii as i am new to this?

Assuming it is 3.4 if i do the following steps should it install homebrew?

1, downloadload twilight hack 3.4, unzip and save private folder to SD Card (which is correctly formatted)

2, download homebrew channel, extract the Wii executable (elf or dol file) and put on my SD Card.

3, delete previous saved version of Zelda twilight princess from your wii then goto SD card and copy twilight hack (using correct region)

4: insert and load Zelda game, choose hack saved game from menu, once game loaded walk backwards or forwards to man and talk which will then enable codes to appear, follow what it says and hopefully homebrew will appear once wii have restarted....

Is this whats needed to instal Homebrew, your help is much appreciated....
January 09, 2009 05:45PM
No problem at all... by the way if your on 3.4 then use the .dol file... DON'T use the elf file

um... to check your firmware from your system menu (where all your channels show up)

at the bottom left corner of a screen you should see an icon there (don't remember what its called.. i'm away from my wii)

click it or press A on it

then you'll have 2 choices... either Data Management or the other choice (Forgot what its called).. press A on the one on the right side
or whichever one is NOT data management

then look at the top-right corner of your screen and you'll see your firmware there in white font... after you check

before you do anything.. let me know what firmware yours is.. because if there is a 4.3 (which i haven't heard of). then this won't work... otherwise if its 3.4e or 3.4u or 3.4j then proceed.. if you need further help let me know..

just be careful and make sure you carefully read the instructions and you'll be fine..

the way you'll know it works is if you see the homebrew channel where all the rest of them are.. then you can put apps on... Good Luck!

EDIT: By the way the steps you have above are correct for putting homebrew on a 3.4 system

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 07:11PM by Legend28469.
January 09, 2009 07:38PM
Thanks for reply, i have just checked my wii and the firmware is 3.4E not 4.3E ha ha...

im getting my zelda game this wk end from the local rent shop so im guna giv it a go...

I keep you informed...

Thanks again...
January 09, 2009 07:45PM
lmao.. the 3.4 is a relief... and umm.. good luck with the Twilight hack.. just remember don't get too excited and mess up.. (even if you do.. it can probably be fixed without too much problem).. let us know how it goes
January 09, 2009 08:38PM
Can i just double check i few things with you please Legend28469,

Adding apps to Homebrew,

1, create apps folder on sd card

2, add homebrew apps to apps folder on sd card

3, insert sd card into wii, load homebrew then apps should appear once homebrew has loaded

does that sound about right?

4, Arikado Edit: No backup talk

5, would you recommend installing apps via net then sd card or would you do it via the homebrew browser and install apps straight through wii...

Lastly, can you recommend and not recommend any apps please.... as i dont know much about what certain apps do...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 09:02PM by Arikado.
January 09, 2009 08:44PM
Bad idea to talk about backup games or how to run them... its against forum rules... mods will probably edit it out for ya... or you can do it yourself... anyways i would recommend installing straight to the SD to wii.. but thats just me... it doesn't really matter.. and if i am correct.. newest versions of things come out on the web before the homebrew browser.... there is a list on wiibrew.org that gives a short description of a bunch of apps for the homebrew channel... have fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 08:44PM by Legend28469.
January 09, 2009 08:45PM
No backup talk. And especially on your first day.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 09:01PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.