Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question

Posted by Tyeforce 
Question
March 07, 2009 08:04PM
I'm not new to Wii Homebrew. I had the Homebrew Channel installed on my friend's Wii while mine was getting repaired. So I know the basics and everything. But now I'm thinking about installing it on my Wii, but I have a question... What if my Wii broke again, and I had to get it sent in to Nintendo. My warranty would be voided, right? Does that mean they won't repair it, or will they, but I'd just have to pay? And what if I delete the Homebrew Channel before I send it in. Will Nintendo be able to know that I had it?
Re: Question
March 07, 2009 08:07PM
You cant fully erase the homebrew channel from your Wii. It would still be in the play history posted on the system menu and such. There would also be a left over title on your Wii from it (which you can delete via anytitle deleter).

I dont know what would happen if you sent your Wii in with the HBC installed. Worst case secenario though: You have to pay for them to fix it. And thats not really that bad.
March 07, 2009 08:53PM
Arikado
You cant fully erase the homebrew channel from your Wii. It would still be in the play history posted on the system menu and such. There would also be a left over title on your Wii from it (which you can delete via anytitle deleter).

I dont know what would happen if you sent your Wii in with the HBC installed. Worst case secenario though: You have to pay for them to fix it. And thats not really that bad.
Oh... What do you mean by "left over title"?
March 07, 2009 09:15PM
Tyeforce
The 'title' for every channel is stored on your Wii even after the channel is deleted. That's why you can re-download VC and WiiWare games without having to buy them again
March 07, 2009 09:19PM
bg4545
Tyeforce
The 'title' for every channel is stored on your Wii even after the channel is deleted. That's why you can re-download VC and WiiWare games without having to buy them again
Oh, okay. But the left over title from the HBC won't hurt anything, right? And, I'm pretty sure it is, but just to be sure, it is safe to update if you already have the HBC installed, correct? (I have the latest update right now, 3.4.)
March 07, 2009 09:26PM
Yeah, so far it's safe to update, but it's unknown what 3.5 will do when it's released
March 07, 2009 09:34PM
Okay, thanks! I still haven't entirely made up my mind whether I should install HBC or not, though... I know nothing bad will happen, but I'm just...worried, for no reason I guess. =P
Anonymous User
March 07, 2009 10:03PM
Tyeforce
I'm not new to Wii Homebrew. I had the Homebrew Channel installed on my friend's Wii while mine was getting repaired. So I know the basics and everything. But now I'm thinking about installing it on my Wii, but I have a question... What if my Wii broke again, and I had to get it sent in to Nintendo. My warranty would be voided, right? Does that mean they won't repair it, or will they, but I'd just have to pay? And what if I delete the Homebrew Channel before I send it in. Will Nintendo be able to know that I had it?

Yeah it voids your warranty. You can delete the channel from the menu but you cant erase its existence in your wii.
Anonymous User
March 07, 2009 10:06PM
bg4545
Yeah, so far it's safe to update, but it's unknown what 3.5 will do when it's released

It blocks twilight hack, so if you want the homebrew channel and didnt install it yet, do it now. v3.5 was released in Korea and after reading online i read it blocks twilight hack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 10:06PM by thenewguy.
March 07, 2009 10:34PM
thenewguy
bg4545

It blocks twilight hack, so if you want the homebrew channel and didnt install it yet, do it now. v3.5 was released in Korea and after reading online i read it blocks twilight hack
Okay. I guess I should install it then... >.<
March 07, 2009 10:47PM
thenewguy
Tyeforce

Yeah it voids your warranty. You can delete the channel from the menu but you cant erase its existence in your wii.
thenewguy: I dont know where you read that but it wasnt on WiiBrew. Because, the truth is, we dont know if 3.5 blocks the twilight hack. In fact, we dont even know if Nintendo will ever release 3.5 anywhere except Korea. As a matter of fact, we believe the 3.4 exploit that installs the homebrew channel will still work on the 3.5K system menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login